~Familiar Circumstances~

A/N- the beginning of this chapter is a dream/flashback but it won't be written in italics because that just sucks to read for like half of a chapter. Just be aware it's going to end when you see the '~'

"Ben!" You giggle softly as you chase after him. "Slow down!" You hear him laughing just ahead of you. It sounded disconnected from his body because of the sheer darkness you were running blindly through.

The sound of his laugh always managed to make your heart flutter. His laugh was always caught somewhere between a full belly laugh and a giggle. He always showed off his big dimples and adorably crooked teeth when he did, even though he would try to press his lips together to try to hide it. Those honey-brown eyes would glitter and lock with yours, watching as your own face would break back into laughter.

"Too slow, Butterfly!" He calls over his shoulder.

Twigs and leaves snap and crunch beneath his heavy footsteps as he races his way through the forest. It was a miracle his massive body hadn't gotten scratched up by all of the low-hanging tree branches. The underbrush rustles as you whiz past. You were nearly dizzy with laughter, almost like you were drunk off of it.

"Ben," you whine as he slips from your grasp and continues to lead you further into the trees. "Slow down."

"Don't complain, we're almost there!" Ben calls back. He was drawing further and further away from you; it was always difficult to keep up with his long legs.

You pout, but follow after him. Your stupid cloak kept getting caught in the branches and bushes, yanking you back every few seconds. Despite how annoying it was, the forest was absolutely beautiful. The perfectly silver moon was hanging high in the inky sky, sending down slivers of beams through the treetops to offer some light. The emerald trees looked black in the darkness of night, like malicious giants clawing at the stars with their jagged hands. Chandrila had the most beautiful forests.

As you race after Ben, your chest begins to tighten from all of the running and laughing. You were getting out of breath much sooner than you would have liked. Gasping sharply, you are suddenly yanked back by your cloak catching on a branch. Had you known Ben would drag you off, you wouldn't have worn it. As you backtrack to set it free, you realize that you were suddenly surrounded by silence. You could no longer hear his footsteps.

"Ben?" You call out nervously.

Nothing.

"Ben! Where are you?" You whirl around at the sound of a twig snapping nearby. At this point, your heart was about to burst from your chest. "Ben, it's not funny anymore! Come out, please!"

You scream as a pair of arms suddenly grab onto you from behind. The 'attacker' breaks out in a fit of laughter as you wrestle free and whirl around. You punch him squarely in the shoulder, letting out an exclamation of anger.

"Ugh, you asshole!" You sock him in the shoulder again. "Don't do that to me."

"Did I scare you?" Ben smirks as his hands settle on your hips, pulling you snugly against him. "Poor little thing. You know I'll always protect you, right?"

"Who says I need protecting?" You reply smugly as he leans down, lips hovering over yours.

Ben hums softly and presses a long kiss to your soft lips. He smiles into it before pulling away and giving your forehead another one. His fingers intertwine with yours, gently tugging you along through the forest.

"Come on. Almost there."

You giggle softly and squeeze his hand, allowing him to pull you through the trees. The two of you draw closer to a tree-line, before finally breaking through it. Before you sits a circular clearing bathed in silvery moonlight. The breeze blows gently, stirring the grass and causing it to rub together. Ben guides you out into the clearing and squeezes your hand gently.