~Second Chances~

Kylo Ren lets out a low sigh of content. The light spilling through the balcony doors seeps through his eyelids, causing his brow to furrow. He rolls over onto his stomach, releasing a soft groan. For once, it wasn't a groan of discomfort but, rather, complacency. Your scent still lingers on his pillows, reminding him that what had happened yesterday wasn't a dream. His hands automatically extend outwards, groping around in hopes of finding your warm body curled beside him.

His eyes open when he feels nothing.

Kylo's brows furrow as he groggily gazes over the bed, as though you would be curled up at the foot-end for some reason. He slowly sits up when the disappointment grips him. Why had he believed so strongly that you would have stayed? You had no reason to spend the night with him. No reason to stay curled up in his arms like nothing had occurred between the two of you in the first place.

As the crushing defeat sets in, Kylo leans forward to push his messy black hair from his face. He closes his eyes, clenching his jaw as his hands tightly grip the unruly sheets. The disappointment was quickly morphing into anger. Whether that anger was directed towards you or himself, he truly didn't know. Kylo looks up at once at the sound of the wind blowing lightly into the room.

The anger fades.

You were standing on his bedroom's balcony, elbows braced on the railing. Your nude body was wrapped in one of his warm blankets, keeping you decent even while the wind threatens to expose you to the sprawling city.

Kylo rises from the bed, shivering slightly as the cool air fans across his bare chest. He quietly approaches you, taking advantage of the fact that you didn't know he was awake yet. You must not have heard him over the endless hum of the city. You flinch a little as his arms suddenly wrap tightly around you from behind. Kylo presses his lips to the side of your head, burying his face in your hair.

To his dismay, you don't return the affection. In fact you stay rather silent, eyes slowly lowering to the ground. Kylo releases you at once, sensing your discomfort.

"What?" He frowns.

"It's nothing," you mutter, turning your head away.

Kylo pulls you forward, forcing you to look up at him. "I know that look. I've known you since we were kids. You can't hide things from me."

"I'm just thinking."

"Stop worrying so much. We're both getting what we want." His full lips ghost your ear.

A sad smile tugs at your lips. "Are we?"

He furrows his brow, releasing your shoulders at once as a flicker of fury and confusion crosses his face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"We both get what we want?" You echo. "Do you even know what you want?"

Kylo shifts his weight, eyes searching your face. It was clear to you that you were putting him in an uncomfortable position. "What?"

"You can't seem to choose. One day you're yelling and screaming at me. Accusing me of causing this... this rift between us. In the next, you're begging me for forgiveness. You were so quick to manipulate and gaslight me, but the moment I fought back, you crumbled." You explain slowly, eyes still averted from his. Your fingers tightly clutch the edges of the blanket.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replies coldly.

"You've changed, Kylo." The frustration immediately shoots back into your tone. "And honestly I prefer the other version of you. The one that was too cold to care. I would rather know than be unsure for the rest of my life."