~Painful Farewells~

Your fingers drum steadily against the surface of the kitchen table. Waiting was always the worst part. You figured you had done enough waiting in your lifetime, but the galaxy didn't seem to agree with that.

Kylo and the Knights had locked themselves away in the penthouse to talk about what they were going to do about the Wayfinder. Something must have affected their decision to keep you from this process and you truly didn't appreciate it. Either way, you figured you would be leaving for Corellia with the rest of them. Still, something about this whole situation didn't sit right with you. It was too... easy. The way Soont had been looking at you filled your gut with unease. Kylo hadn't caught it because he was too swept up in that stupid Wayfinder.

At the sound of the door swinging open and several pairs of feet approaching, you quickly stand. For some reason you had been half-expecting them to look solemn or happy. Their blank expressions only reminded you that this was light work for them. Not that they had a choice; Kylo was still their master and they served him like obedient hounds. No matter what, they would always be on Kylo's side.

"Well?" You look at Kylo expectantly, eyebrows raised.

"We're leaving for Corellia tomorrow." He replies gruffly. "All of us."

Your brow furrows. "What about my friends?"

"They stay until we return."

That was a momentary relief, at least. Sending them off was the last thing you wanted from this whole messy experience. Taking them with you also didn't seem like the brightest of ideas, especially if this Corellia trip was all for nothing. Besides, the Force was not something any of them were acquainted with. It would be much more convenient without them even if it was just this once.

"Kylo, wait." You quickly catch him by the arm. He pauses, gazing back at you. "Are you sure about this?"

Kylo frowns. "Why wouldn't I be? I won't have you questioning my judgement."

You sigh, already growing frustrated with his stubborn, defensive nature. "I'm not, it's just... something isn't sitting right with me. Some kind of gut feeling that this isn't right."

"I can't just call this off because you're not feeling well." He spits with a shake of his head, pulling his arm free from your grasp.

You turn incredulously to the Knights, seeking support you knew you would never receive. Vicrul puts his hands up defensively, silently taking a step back. Pinching the bridge of your nose in frustration, you face Kylo once more for one last attempt at convincing him to reconsider. You should have known it was already a lost cause.

"Kylo, please, just listen to me on this one. The way Soont was looking at me... he's just, he's up to something." You argue.

Kylo scoffs softly. "He wanted you, of course he was up to something. I saw into his mind; it was nothing more than clouded lust. He's dead now. There's nothing we have to-"

He is cut off by a muffled explosion rocking the city from just outside the tower. The windows rattle in their frames as the force of it ripples through the air. Heavy plumes of dark smoke billow into the cloudy sky. Even from way up here, the sound of screams from below were undeniable. Collectively, the seven of you make a run for the balcony, gripping the edge for dear life. You stare down at the private landing zones in disbelief, unable to piece together what had come to be in mere seconds.

The Night Buzzard had been reduced to ash.

Its clunky metal pieces lay scattered across the concrete while the fires continue to rage over what little scraps remained. Droids were already being sent in to attempt to extinguish the flames. They move around like little specks, spraying the area and keeping the onlookers back. It would be a miracle if no one had gotten injured from the blast radius.