52

Megatron had failed

     Megatron had failed. The Autobot medic lived and now the Autobots stormed the ship like ants on a picnic. Soundwave watched as Megatron battled Optimus Prime for the ump-teenth time. That mech simply refused to die, and it was getting on his circuits. He watched as Shockwave battled Ratchet, but the scientist had it well ordered, so the lithe Decepticon knew he did not need to intervene. Starscream battled elsewhere, and the Wrecker team was on their way. They'd earn a rather rude reality check if they believed they could fight against Soundwave and win.

     Laserbeak crooned on his chassis, having disconnected from (Y/N) per her order. They had yet to create a master and servant bond, which the avian was particularly antsy to create with the femme, but they had been far too busy. Duties called left and right, there was little time for rest and both Cybertronians had refused Megatron's orders to rest on occasion. They were to focused on reviving Cybertron. Laserbeak understood, and he too agreed with the two's actions, unless one or the other was becoming irrational in their devotion. In those rare cases he gladly chided one or the other and convinced them to rest.

*I've found something of interest.

     Soundwave received a message from his beloved. He could feel her distance from him, making an educated guess that she was likely in the vaults of the war ship.

Proceed*

*The Star Saber has been stolen. I am searching for the thief now.

     That did not bode well, and neither did the blaster fire from the doors of the control room. Soundwave watched as the group of three Autobots pressed towards him, barreling through the drones easily before charging for him. His visor flickered to life before they each fell through a groundbridge and into one of the Vehicon armament rooms. The mech smirked to himself. 

         Soundwave, superior.

     (Y/N) watched over the cameras carefully. The femme grimaced as she found Autobot after Autobot storming the war ship. Like rats, they appeared everywhere, and where you least wanted them. She'd rather see them offline, but what poison could attract them? This particular pest had evaded her sight for far too long, and the hypothetical cat was becoming impatient. How could she miss someone holding the Primus forsaken Star Saber? It was likely bigger than him and awkward to haul around. 

     She flitted through the cameras, one over the Omega Lock constantly in view. When a short flash of color passed her field of vision, the femme halted. She activated a ground bridge and stepped in the path she predicted this phantom to be going, but no one came down the hall. She waited for a minute longer, only for the mech known as Smokescreen to phase through the wall and into the next.

         "Clever," she thought, and tracked his movement once again.

     Smokescreen cringed as he passed another hallway, seeing Soundwave once again. What did this mech do, fold into the metal work and then come out again? He put a digit to his audio and tried to contact the Wreckers.