8

Soundwave carried the human female in his palm

     Soundwave carried the human female in his palm. (Y/N) was sitting cross legged, straight backed and alert, taking in every possible detail of the war ship she had only seen the outside of, and even then, it was for a few mere minutes before the extraction process began and there was no need to remain outside. It had been raining, a harmless natural occurrence brought by the wind, but the Decepticons disliked it, nonetheless. The few guards left behind were not pleased, but it was necessary.

         "Clearly the lighting on your vessel is often left dim." (Y/N) spoke after a long silence. "Is there a definite reason?"

     The Decepticon TIC was silent. There were a couple reasons, actually. First and foremost, Megatron ordered it that way, but it also disoriented anyone uninvited as they would most likely be used to much lighter areas and even enhanced optics must adjust. (Y/N) most likely deducted this herself, or at least the tactical advantage, because she asked no more questions or pressured the mech holding her to answer. Soundwave was grateful of it. 

     He had observed most humans to be rather inquisitive and unthinking for themselves. Very little ability to deduct their surroundings or worded clues, but there were always exceptions, it seemed. Though these were far and few between. Often found already deceased, about to die, deemed useless because they have character flaws no one can see past, or too young to make a difference. (Y/N), apparently, was a very fortunate human indeed, or very unfortunate depending on one's view of her situation. She was one of these few intelligent humans, fortunate enough to escape death, possibly more than once. She showed no signs of specific character flaws such as hubris or arrogance (albeit her ability to skip important details were a trifle frustrating as well as her slow thinking), and she was by no means too young to make an impact. Soundwave deducted she was at least past her young adult stage of human life. She did not seem as reckless as they were often described and observed to be. 

     A few equations later, Soundwave had calculated this human had at least 50 to 60 years left in her insignificantly short life. He supposed she'd serve her purpose before then, and Megatron would order her termination. 

         This was the unfortunate part of (Y/N)'s situation. 

No matter how intelligent she may be, this human was living on borrowed time while dwelling amongst the Decepticons. Soundwave was sure she'd prickle Megatron's circuits one way or the other. Be it by her slow, human processing unit or her natural withholding of information unless specifically asked, it was bound to make the leader angry. An infuriated Megatron would bring her life expectancy down by at least forty percent, maybe even fifty. 

     The Communication Officer certainly hoped (Y/N) could deduct that as they neared the main control room. He halted at the door a moment, looking to his current captive. The mech realized he couldn't exactly call her that, since she came willingly. His audio files held 'pet', but that wouldn't work and was quite unprofessional in this situation. He searched a moment more before entering, eyeing his leader from beneath the black visor to determine his current mood.