23

"Maybe it wasn't Starscream?" (Y/N) hadn't been there when the Seeker had somehow crept onto the war ship, and Orion was growing increasingly suspicious of his brother-in-arms

         "I have already spoken to Megatron." Orion shook his helm. "He said that Starscream had become an Autobot."

     Things were clearly not going according to Megatron's plan. (Y/N) could see that well enough, and more than likely if she was caught in between one of Orion's revelations or suspicious snooping around, then she'd be a perfect target for one of his eminent angered outbursts. She was practically in charge of the Archivist when left in his care.

         "You- you weren't hurt, were you?" She asked in a wispy, hushed voice, hands clasped together in pure, innocent concern. Pure to Orion, anyway. She could tell her story would have to remain straight for the titan to even have an inkling of trust left in the Decepticon name. Thankfully, she was taught well.

         "Only mildly frightened, little one." He pat her tiny helm with a digit, having begun to view her as a pet with his very little knowledge of her race. He understood she was sentient and very much so had free will, but he saw that these little gestures were accepted, and he enjoyed treating her this way. It was- cute. "I am only thankful you were not here during the encounter. I fear I would not have been able to protect you if you were a target."

         "What do you mean? You're bigger than him, right?" She questioned, watching his digits go back to tapping on the keyboard.

         "Perhaps, but Starscream was armed, whereas I am not even equipped with the basics of fighting strategy. If Megatron knew this might happen, I don't have the slightest clue why he would have put you in my care. I'd believe Soundwave to be the better choice considering he was the one to save you. Also, you are always ready to smile when Laserbeak comes to pick you up."

     It had become a common sight. (Y/N) riding around on the back of Laserbeak. She learned many whispers had sprouted about Laserbeak possibly becoming attached, but it quickly died down and her presence with the drone was tolerated. Logic always trumped gossip when Laserbeak or Soundwave were the topic. No matter the rumor, even one with a human, they didn't last long, and no one else really saw (Y/N) smile except Optimus when the bird-like being came around. If she did not need to act than she didn't.

         "Yeah but," she paused, and touched his servo as it passed by her, making the mech stop his typing, "we were both captured by the Autobots. I think Megatron's wish was to show we weren't alone in that."

         "He has proven to be very considerate." Orion gave a small smile. "May I?"

     The woman nodded, being picked up by the titan and gently hugged to his chassis. 

         "I am glad to have made a friend."

         "Me too, Orion. Now let's get those archives decoded before the Autobots do!"