16

"How long were you captured by the Decepticons? If they took out your eyes, where are they? "

         "Miko!" Jack scolded at her last question.

(Y/N) understood the teen girl was the most energetic, but she didn't quite expect that. Her original plan had been thwarted, but she was a quick thinker, smiling softly.

         "The question was bound to come up, but I don't know."

         "About the 'Cons or your eyes?" Miko questioned again, wanting clarification.

     Having been introduced to the Autobots, the new addition pretended to have not heard a word about the Decepticon's enemy faction. She claimed to have assumed they were all like the horrid scientist and terrifying blue and orange brute that had taunted her with thoughts of freedom and escape from the apparent hell she had been through. She described being poked and prodded, woken up at odd times, or not allowed to rest at all, though they fed her well enough, even if she were fed like an animal, cooking raw meat over a measly fire in that horrid cave. She described needles filled with odd liquids and strange concoctions she was forced to drink. Electric procedures, energon experiments that left her weak and nearly dead. As far as she knew, the only successful one with mild side effects were her new optics that would flare brighter as her emotions rose.

     Ratchet had scanned her, having altered his scanner long before now to be able to properly read a human's vitals and systems. He found signs of energon poisoning, old burns from shock wounds and her stomach had recently purged something, though unidentifiable. The point was that her story checked out. (Y/N) ensured it would.

     Most of what she described didn't happen, but the day before, some of it did. (Y/N) had instructed Knockout of what she wanted done. The medic was utterly appalled and almost didn't go through with it considering these procedures are considered torture to humans (the torture part didn't faze him; it was the potential mess). Because of this odd death-wanting behavior, the cherry red grounder brought it up with Megatron. The totalitarian had quite the opposite reaction. He approved it, and while no one would ever hear him admit it, he admired this human's dedication to her role. Needless to say, the woman was tortured mildly. Knockout only went far enough to make her cry, which was a feat in and of itself, it seemed.

         "Both." (Y/N) had adopted some of her slow to think, slow to answer habits, but she didn't exactly want to. She appreciated being able to think and answer quicker than the frustrating pace she had developed from the growing fluids behind her lenses. "I really doubt they've kept my eyes. They wouldn't be much good. I'll miss seeing their (E/C) color though." She admitted with a small smile, earning frowns from the group that had huddled around her. 

         "So, where are you from?" Jack decided to take a turn asking questions, since the three children had arrived after (Y/N) explained what she was willing to the Autobots.

         "Well," she thought a moment, expression contorting from earlier contentment to a confused anger, "I- I can't remember. I know it had trees, and very nice people, but I can't connect any names to them."

         "But you remember them?" Ratchet held a bit of hope. Maybe she could recognize images?

         "It's hazy," she admitted, "like a dream. Or a dream of a dream. I've never been made to feel so small in my entire life. The world is big but-" She hugged the blanket tighter around herself, earning the sympathy of the youngest boy, Raphael, most of all, as he was the smallest of the entire group.

         "I'm sure we'll find your family, and even friends!" The boy encouraged. 

         "And now you've made new ones." Miko sat beside the woman. "We can show you around the base, take you in to town!"

         "Ep ep ep- absolutely not." Ratchet interrupted, and (Y/N) whipped her head around to look at the medic. "Those optics may be small but who knows what tracking the Decepticons installed. They have much better materials than we do, but even with that advantage I have not the slightest clue how Knockout was able to make them so miniscule. With that in mind, I wouldn't put it past him to want to chip his own creation."

         "Chip, you mean like owners chip their dogs and cats?" Jack cringed. 

         "More or less, only you could pinpoint said creature's whereabouts using a computer." Arcee decided to explain that one. 

         "You mean, he could find me again?" (Y/N)'s optics grew wide with fear as she began to shake under the warm blanket. She didn't need the article, but it was given to her with the understanding that humans often wrapped themselves in a blanket after trauma to simulate a hug, a feeling of safety.

        "We assure you; our base is built to block contact in and out of this facility unless otherwise authorized. Nothing can be tracked to our location." Optimus responded, baritone voice washing over the woman and soothing her. At least, she made it look that way as she relaxed and nodded, slowly.

         "Would you like to play a game?" Raphael asked, holding up a controller. 

     She stared at it for a moment, nose wrinkling in frustration before she smiled and nodded. Miko took the left of the couch, Raph the right while (Y/N) was more or less squished in the middle with the remote. Jack had taken to cheering the two on from behind. The woman appeared to be enjoying herself with a sheepish smile and the occasional huff when she reacted late in the game. 

     Meanwhile, the medic and leader discussed what had been found in the cave system.

         "They must have been moving out," Ratchet speculated, "They probably realized earlier that their position had been compromised. Why they didn't take (Y/N) with them first I'm not sure."

         "It may have been planned to terminate her," Optimus sighed, "so they did not make her a priority."

Ratchet nodded solemnly. 

         "But why go to the trouble of kidnapping a human, for no real gain we can immediately see? Wouldn't Megatron have gloated to her, or gloated to us about this? And why hasn't she mentioned seeing him?"

         "I don't know, old friend," the Prime looked to their new charge, "I don't know."