3

"You returned sooner than expected

         "You returned sooner than expected." Said the woman, sitting atop a boulder as she sipped on what appeared to be dirty water, but a simple scan revealed it to be an herbal tea. 

     Soundwave had returned the next day, this business having become a priority, with the permission of Megatron. Laserbeak was off on another assignment, capable on his own, so Soundwave had no reason to worry. His attention could be on several items at once anyway, and still not show a sign of ineptitude. Even now, he let images flash across the inside of his visor, darkened outside, though the sun helped as it gleamed across the black surface.

        "Simply ask, and I will answer, but in return, I will ask questions of my own."

         -/Designation/Soundwave/Decepticon faction/Under rule of/Megatron/-

It didn't take a genius to know what she was going to ask.

     (Y/N) stared, or it appeared that she stared, wearing dark sunglasses that acted more like illegally tinted windows. Soundwave deducted it was because of her odd eyesight. She seemed lost for words, but the blank expression showed no sign of being impressed, scared that Soundwave had easily answered these questions without being asked them, or perturbed that she had not been allowed to ask them. She then nodded, sipping the blackened water before opening a book and laying down on her boulder.

         "Your questions, then?"

     It was Soundwave's turn to stare. He would not speak, of course, but her seeming acceptance of this sudden intrusion on her life greatly disturbed the mech. She was too accepting, and it reeked of suspicion. Soundwave soon asked his first question.

         -/How to come by/Energon/-

         "I had discovered it before abandoning M.E.C.H., keeping it a secret for myself." She answered after a long pause. "I wanted to do my own experiments. I was unaware of how big the deposit was."

        -/Size/And location/-

Another pause.

         "Unknown size but it has powered my mountainous home for three months and two days. Its location begins at my tunnel and its ending I am unsure of."

         -/Obstruction of/Energon signal/-

Yet another pause, making Soundwave wonder if this human was dull minded, or slow.

         "These mountains are miles above ground and the energon is deep in its walls. Any signal you may see is when I open my hatch from underground."

         -/Protection against/Energon/- He then asked, knowing well that energon does not mix well with organic beings. He wondered if the slowness of mind and the odd eyesight may be a byproduct of the ignorant handling of the glowing substance.

         "Some methods including thick gloves specifically made for the handling of your life blood. I abandoned M.E.C.H. but I was smart about it. I know the dangers of energon."

     Yet she used it so willingly. Soundwave wondered if this was human stupidity or advanced thinking in that her apparent underground home would be running for eons on this supposed plethora of energon. Her small, insignificant life would never see the end of this store of energy. Her needs were puny compared to the Decepticon's.

         -/Explanation of/Optics/- Soundwave wondered if she understood Cybertronian anatomy enough to connect the hypothetical dots. If he could see through her glasses, he guessed she would have blinked a few times trying to think, either staring at him or the book in her hands.

      It did not impress him that he apparently took second fiddle to a piece of literature that could easily be returned to.

         "Replaced with enhanced cameras after an attempt on my life with acid." She answered, and Soundwave was tempted to ask for her to elaborate, but it was not needed as she took off the sunglasses, revealing the black lenses within her sunken sockets as she sat up. "They are based off of your own technology, but I'm afraid they cannot compare to your natural optics." 

     Soundwave realized why her eyes seemed so wide upon their first meeting, and the apparent terrified, surprised or dead stare. She did not blink. Her eyelids were there, but the camera's lenses extended to far for her to unfold the thin lids of flesh. If lighting had been preferable, and his scanners properly adjusted, then he would have noticed upon their first meeting.

         "I won't bore you with the details, as they are most likely primitive to you, but sunlight and moonlight are difficult to filter, along with fire light, but energon glow is tolerable. And no, I do not need energon to use them as they are connected to my brain, and my natural electricity powers them."

     Slow minded but intelligent? Or perhaps simply slow to process but understanding of information. Soundwave wasn't sure anymore. He did not like uncertainty. It displeased him and only left unanswered questions. He wanted to see her underground apparatus, but the mech was clearly far too big to fit in her hole in the ground. If the energon deposit was big enough to see a faint signal when she opened her small metal door, excavating would attract the Autobots. Laserbeak was also too big to fit, he guessed, and even if his two other Minicons were with him, they might not fit either. 

     The thought of Rumble and Frenzy made Laserbeak melancholic, so Soundwave halted the thoughts and apologized to his friend. It was brushed off and Laserbeak would have chirped and nuzzled his master if they were near and within the confines of his private quarters.  

         "I'm afraid there is no other way in." It was (Y/N)'s turn to read minds, having gone back to staring at her book, sunglasses returned to sit atop her nose. "I might suggest sending any human relations you may have attained in your stay here on Planet Earth. I'm sure if you have any you've made specialized equipment for them."

     While the human factor always seemed useless, she had a point. Human slaves would be helpful, but this would have been the only time they were needed, more than likely, and to keep them all fed, contained and relatively in working order? A useless venture. Though Soundwave was sure this (Y/N) (L/N) did not mean that. There was always the probability of forcing her to help them, but if this energon deposit was truly as big as she may think, then her tiny life span would not be long enough to even scratch the surface. Then again it could be a minor energon deposit and they're both basing these assumptions off of human needs which was far smaller than that of a Cybertronian's, as said before.

         "I suggest you think on things and come back to ask more questions." (Y/N) suggested, still staring at her book, though had returned to laying down on her boulder. "If you bring any others with you, I will assume you have decided to extract."

     Soundwave did not answer, but instead took off into the skies without a word. He had an idea. Not many will like it, but for the security of this energon deposit, the mining Vehicons may have to run through with this plan either way. It will take several Earth days, or weeks, but in the meantime, Soundwave will visit this human on occasion to learn more. More about M.E.C.H. and more about these mountains.