51

(Y/N) hardly believed Knockout had the mental capability to watch over the medic properly

     (Y/N) hardly believed Knockout had the mental capability to watch over the medic properly. Low and behold, he did not. Now Ratchet lay at Megatron's pedes, the cannister of finished Synthetic energon suspended in her strong, hose-like appendage. She was not amused, Megatron either, for that matter. The orange and white bot would soon be fed to the Predacon, turned to scrap within minutes. (Y/N) wished she could be there to enjoy the show, but that luxury would not fit in her already tight schedule. She had taken on a few extra duties so her beloved could rest, even if it was only for a mere hour and a half.

         "Clever," Megatron droned, "but not clever enough. Knockout and Shockwave will soon decipher your wild goose chase of false trails in the formula, and I will have no need of you. Any last words before you become Predaking's new toy?"

     Ratchet only glared, wary of the femme behind him, though he was unsure if it was (Y/N) or Soundwave. He hated how alike they were. Both in body and in mind, it seemed. 

         "So be it." The war lord turned away. "Make sure the Vehicons actually get him out." 

     (Y/N) nodded, the two Vehicons called taking Ratchet's arms and forcing them behind his back uncomfortably. The femme smirked behind her visor, proud of her finding of Ratchet's unfortunate escape from the lab. It was too bad, really, she had hoped he would live awhile longer, tortured by her very presence and kindling his hatred every time she stepped into the room. It wasn't often, but she enjoyed the pointed glare she would receive. She'd even send a picture of it to Soundwave, which usually resulted in a small, smiling emoticon as an answer. It amused the femme, and she thought it goofy.

         "Why, (Y/N)." Ratchet questioned the femme, hoping it was her, her silent steps behind the mech eerie. "Why doom your own species?"

     They came to the closed door of the landing deck, (Y/N) sending each Vehicon a message to leave. They were hesitant, but she was to be treated like Soundwave, so they let go of the medic, shoving him harshly before retreating back into the depths of the Nemesis. That left the beaten Ratchet and (Y/N) to stare at each other. One in amusement, the other in betrayal.

         "Because I am no longer one of them." She whispered hoarsely, making the shorter mech shiver from its audio-grating sound. "I was never meant to be one of them. I was transformed, and now Earth will be too."

         "You're as sick and twisted as Silas." the medic spat, hearing the door behind him open with a metallic screech.

         "Am I?" (Y/N) stalked toward him until he was past the door, leaving her still in the corridor. "Or are you simply as afraid of me as you were of him?"

     She let the door slide shut as his optics widened, and their view of each other was cut off. Silence enveloped the femme, broken only by the sudden screeching of metal against metal, and Predaking's angered cries. Turning with her usual grace, the femme wanted to find her lover, but the schedule showed she was needed by Shockwave. He was likely going to be busy with another part of the Omega Lock and needed supervision near the controls. It was a simple enough task, but the duration she was needed was what troubled the femme. Ratchet's folly took away much of her time.

         :(Y/N),: Megatron's voice sounded through her comm-system, :I have been made aware that you and Soundwave are stretched quite thin in your duties today. Once the schedule you two have compiled is done with, you're ordered to rest.:

     (Y/N) did not respond, instead adding a few hours rest at the end of her to-do list. She checked Soundwave's schedule (provided by Laserbeak), satisfied when it too was added upon, the hour and a half remaining where (Y/N) had told him to take the time to himself. The small plants in their shared quarters needed cared for anyway. She double checked her own list, coming upon the doors to the Omega Lock before entering. 

     The minute she arrived; Shockwave sent the order of events the femme was to examine within the machine's coding. (Y/N) attached a tendril to the console closest and began her typing. Her digits would click and pause, click and pause, filling the closed room's eerie silence. The few Vehicons examining the slowly filling containers were stiff from her presence, unsure if this was Soundwave or the femme. Both were equally terrifying and unnerving, but they would have at least liked to know. Then again, if one was offended or undermined in some way, the other was likely to know and the offender would deal with double the wrath, if Starscream was any evidence of that.

     The tapping halted for longer than usual, and the surrounding Vehicons believed the silent being had left, but one glance revealed that the femme was only observing the screen, probably downloading some-such information. 

     (Y/N) cared less about the Vehicons and their thoughts. She understood they were mere pawns for Megatron, and rather disposable. The Seeker drones were a bit more precious to the Decepticon ranks, as they gave aerial superiority to the faction. Still, she ignored the few workers around her, watching the screen load. This part of the procedure was what took the longest, according to Shockwave, so the femme flitted through her schedule once more.

     Laserbeak had marked one of her errands as 'in progress', a small red dot blinking beside the mining coordinates she was meant to oversee. A few seconds later the blinking dot flashed to be a purple check mark.

         "Silly little bird." (Y/N) smiled to herself, noting the screen was still rolling off the Omega Lock's status. She frowned. Was it supposed to take this long?

     The femme double checked Shockwave's message, and indeed, it was not abnormal. (Y/N) took the time and amused herself by scrolling through her and Soundwave's messages. Hers were never very long, but his were three words at most, more if he sent a list of items or a schedule. Even through messaging, he was not much of a talker. 

I have been given a USB for Megatron. Shall I deliver it?*

*Negative.

     (Y/N) had simply allowed the device to fall through a small groundbridge, knowing it would land in Soundwave's servo.

Shockwave has requested for my assistance, is there anything you need before I depart?*

*Energon Ration
  Datapad #7865B

The datapad is in use already. Anything else?*

*Negative

     There was never anything heartfelt through their messaging, like a pair of lovestruck adolescence trying to display their adoration through the confinement of words. 

*Request: -video attachment available-

Knockout will have to wait. The mining operation has gone awry.*

*Assistance needed?

No. Thank you.*

         Such simple words, yet even the simplicity of the two pieces of vocabulary held so much worry in them. 

     The terminal pinged loudly, alerting the femme it had finished its running through the Omega Lock's systems. All appeared to be in order and (Y/N) was able to send the results to the cycloptic scientist. He sent his thanks, not that he needed to, but the femme smiled at it, nonetheless. She escaped from the room and continued on to her next duty.