39

It certainly wasn't expected, nor could be calculated

     (Y/N) was alive but may not ever wake up from her death-sleep. She remained suspended in a small container, torn clothes flowing as a bubble or two would rise from the bottom. It was the best Knockout could do on such short notice, with the urgent order to inspect the rubble of the destroyed Omega Lock. Still, Soundwave felt at ease that she may live, despite her vegetative state.

     Small cords were attached to her tiny, human helm, as well as snaking under her shirt to monitor her heartbeat and lung activity as air was forced through a small tube that covered her nose and mouth. Knockout explained the gel was to extract and hold any toxic impurities that may have entered her skin. Its neon blue color made the woman look cold.

     Soundwave wanted to hold her in his lithe arm, keeping her near his spark to make her feel warm again.

         "She's fully functional," Knockout had explained, but the readings Soundwave watched constantly would flux and the video footage of her form would twitch as if pained by some invisible force. Maybe she was in pain, as he was.

         :Soundwave, if (Y/N) lives, and wakes up, do you think she'll be the same?:

     Laserbeak's question was unexpected, but they both felt guilty at the thought of (Y/N) being forced to endure some self-inflicted torture all for one measly stunt. The three children would have been more than enough to gain all four Omega Keys. Why did he have to drag her into the mix? If brain damage had occurred, then it would be his fault, and (Y/N) may no longer be useful to the Decepticons.

         :Let's hope she will be.: Soundwave replied, believing his Minicon's question deserved an answer, however indirect it may be. 

     Megatron had quite taken to his new home of Darkmount, though the lingering absence of the Autobot corpses weighed heavily on his mind as he brooded on his new throne, Soundwave and Starscream at his right. 

     Very little was recovered from the destroyed Omega Lock. Aside from the Apex Armor and a few other trinkets. There wasn't much to salvage, not even from the decimated Autobot base. How Arachnid's stasis pod and the Forge of Solus Prime seemed to stay intact without a trace of damage, no one was sure. It mattered little as Megatron received word from Knockout.

         "I am in need of good news, Knockout." The war lord growled, so the CMO needed to act wisely as he emerged from the space bridge.

         "Well, fortunately, I found a little something. And someone."

     The crazed surgeon stepped out of the way as Megatron stood from his throne. Starscream quivered as large pedesteps began to make their slow plod from the spacebridge, and Soundwave remained as stoic as ever. All took a step back as the infamous Shockwave was revealed amongst the swirling portal of greens and blues.