4

"You did not obliterate this human?" Megatron raised an optic brow, both intrigued and curious of his most trusted soldier's decision

         "You did not obliterate this human?" Megatron raised an optic brow, both intrigued and curious of his most trusted soldier's decision. "You did not think the creature could come in contact with the Autobots? Soundwave it is not like you to be reckless."

     He wasn't being reckless. From anyone else's point of view, yes, but not his own. He explained his investigations by clipping together recordings accompanied by the human female's own quotes. Her camera lens optics he left out, deeming it unimportant for the current topic. This human was alone and liked it that way. The Autobots would merely take her in for protection whether she wanted to or not, all in the name of safety. This woman could clearly care for herself and knew a losing battle when she saw one. That's why she was so willing to give up the energon line running through the mountain. At least, this was what Soundwave deducted.

         "So, then these humans are capable of neutral parties as well." Megatron mused, a digit to his chin in thought. "I suppose sparing it would be acceptable since the human is freely giving of our energon. But you're right in that the Autobots will easily detect it if it's a large deposit and is excavated. I find this human's notation of using her own kind to mine it amusing, but the idea inspired to you is rather- distasteful."

     Soundwave nodded, understanding. He was willing to go through with it himself, although he too did not wish to. Human forms would be very useful in this situation, however. Safe and stealthy. The Autobots would never detect the transferring of energon in the small quantities' humans could carry, and so high up in the atmosphere. The work would take many months, but it was worth a try.

         "I will allow it, but only with a team of five Miners." It was a rather unrealistic number, but Soundwave understood his leader's disliking of the idea. "Speak with Knockout. He will help you with this contraption of yours."

         The shorter, lither mech nodded and left with the swish of the sliding doors. 

     The halls were quiet, as they usually were. Soundwave watched the cameras from the corner of his visor, observing his path. If he could he avoided gatherings of Vehicons, Miners and Seekers. His presence unsettled the groups, made them quiet, wary of what they say. Soundwave already had recordings of their complaints and potentially treasonous words, yet they act like he could only know if he was there to witness them. It greatly amused him. So much power yet he doesn't use it often. It wasn't his choice to decide whether to use it or not. Not completely, anyway. If Megatron wanted to go on a killing spree in his own ship, he'd say so. 

     Eyeing a group around the corner, Soundwave checked his other path options, but the one other he had to choose from was even more obstructed, so he opted for the quicker passage. The Vehicons did not hear the mech, going quiet quite suddenly when he rounded the corner. He watched the cameras as they turned once he passed them. The group didn't resume speaking until they had turned a second time. It appeared that they were continuing their earlier conversation. There was another group coming up to them, speaking for a moment before heading in the secondary path Soundwave had not chosen. Clearly, they were avoiding him, and he was grateful for it. 

     Upon arriving at the Medical Officer's domain, Soundwave had compiled a file of his theories of how this knew contraption could be created. He was no scientist or engineer, but he had a minute understanding of all things. Once he entered, Knockout, the vain red medic, turned with a rather bored expression.

         "Soundwave," he greeted, "what brings you here?"

     He extended a cord to connect with Knockout's computer, the file popping up with the who, what, when, where and why he'd need. The surgeon stared at the file a moment, disgust showing on his paler features when he realized what this was.

         "You have got to be kidding me! This for one lousy mine controlled by a-" the mech gagged, "a human?"

Soundwave pointed at the sentence that was highlighted by the computer per his command.

         "Well yes, excavating it is risky but what a human may call a large deposit may last a day for us!"

         -/I will allow it/- the taller mech replayed Megatron's order, -/but only with a team of five Miners/-

     Still unsure and not really willing to do it, Knockout nodded, grumbling as Soundwave stepped out. The TIC had already done most of the research of human motor function and attached it to the file given to the CMO, so the medic didn't have to do any unnecessary research that he would grumble and complain about, resulting in the slowing of this project. Even if this energon deposit was a small one after all, this human female may be of use. 

     She clearly knows a thing or two about Cybertronians. Knowing what M.E.C.H. knows puts the Decepticons a step ahead of the illegal group. She also knows how to harness the powers of energon, whether she does it safely or not, Soundwave intends to find out. (Y/N) (L/N) is also nowhere to be found on any government file, and he has yet to search civilian databases, but the lack of information so far interested him. It was not uncommon to find missing files among the humans, but certain characters made it suspicious. 

     Soundwave decided to deploy Laserbeak, who hovered for a minute as he listened to the silent words through their bond. The bird-like Minicon flew off through a groundbridge, watching over the mountains this strange human resided within. Soundwave had never seen the actual entrance of her dwelling and intended on finding it. He assumed it was disguised like the generator, or energon line that the human had created. Perhaps heat will be escaping through?

     Laserbeak wasn't allowed to find out, the video feed soon bringing the small human into view. It was dusk, so she wasn't wearing her sunglasses, lenses glinting in their cat-like way from the lowering sun. She nodded towards the being that flew around slowly, determining if it was safe to be spotted. Her book was set down and (Y/N) simply watched, expression blank as it had been for the two days Soundwave had visited.