15

"The human!" Knockout cried

     Trying to keep the Data Cylinder from the Autobots had been difficult, but if it was his goal to keep the human from them, that was near impossible. They had allowed an empty energon mine to appear on the radar of the Autobots, as if they still had some left, though in truth it was only a half a crate full. Not even enough to power their groundbridge for one trip. It was the perfect lure to make them find the fake lab and in it, Knockout, Breakdown and the human woman. 

     It was remarkable how one day of studying the small amount of information they had, allowed (Y/N) to do with her actions. She was a better actor than Starscream, the surrounding bots (Vehicon guards, mostly) dared to think. Her tiny form had been screaming within the confines of her little container, acting helpless and weak. Knockout had been holding her up to taunt the Autobots but a well-aimed kick from behind sent the glass shattering across the floor and (Y/N) rolling amidst the sudden brawl with the two-wheeler. Many shards had been imbedded in her upper arm (whether on purpose or not, no one was sure), and she hollered for help as Breakdown swiped at her. (Y/N) was soon picked up by Bumblebee, who beeped at her, earning a very confused look in return, so he contacted Optimus that he had her. 

     Unfortunately, the Decepticons were not going to let her get away that willingly, or else it might look too easy. 

         "Look out!" (Y/N) warned just before Knockout plunged the prongs of his electric rod into the Scout's neck cables, the human spy having "fallen" off his servo just before the electric current found her as well. She fell in the dirt, back aching as she started to run from the fray once more, being found by a Vehicon Trooper that was beheaded by the blades of Arcee before he could even stoop to catch the human. Its body fell to the ground, making dust rise and (Y/N) cough as she was picked up again. 

         "Optimus, I have the human!"

         "Take her to safety! We will handle things here." 

     Obedient to her leader, Arcee started the run to the exit of the cave system. Pursued by a single Vehicon, she shot behind her before looking to the human woman in her servo.

         "Hold on!"

She transformed, and (Y/N) gasped from being tossed about for a moment before taking hold of the handlebars and holding tightly. Her grip slipped, however, and she fell back, rolling once more with blood trickling down the side of her arm. She hissed at the movement, trying to get up with glass shards splintering in the meaty flesh. She could hear the foreign material grinding together as she was picked up roughly by the pursuing drone. 

         "One more move, and the experiment gets it." He held out the woman in his servo, squeezing her just enough to make her wheeze.

     Arcee transformed, pointing her blaster towards the offending drone, but seeing him squeeze harder made her transform it back to her servo. He huffed at the Autobot femme, only to lurch at the feeling of a cold blade running him through. He looked down at his spark chamber, or rather, a lack of, and offlined, held up only by Optimus Prime's blade. His arm fell limp, but the human was caught by the Prime before any more harm could come to her fragile body. 

     He looked to Arcee, who nodded, and went back to help with the fight Optimus had left behind. Meanwhile the Prime transformed around the bleeding human and rolled back out of the now abandoned mine. He called for a groundbridge quickly, hearing the signs of a certain Seeker Armada, and disappeared into their missile silo base. 

     (Y/N) was disoriented, so she had no need to act that out as the Prime transformed and placed her gently on a metallic surface. The blood loss was certainly becoming a concerning factor as she watched the Autobot's medic panic at the fact he had no idea how to dress or heal a human wound as miniscule as hers. 

         "Ms. Darby isn't here, the children are in school, and Fowler is halfway across the United States! I'd have to be twenty times less than my size to even think about repair- I mean, healing her."

In other words, (Y/N) realized she would have to act as fearless and bullheaded as this medic was described to be within the Nemesis' database. 

     Sitting herself up on the far to big medical table, she began to pick out the glass in her arm. While the orange and white bot argued about something more, (Y/N) merely gave small winces at the pain, though her attempts at first aid were soon caught and he tried to lay her back down on the metal slab with a digit. She promptly refused, glaring at the mech and continued to fish out the bigger shards.

         "I need human sized tweezers to get the smaller shards." Tears pricked at her eyes as she bit her lip until it bled, matching her stained arm. If how pristine her clothes looked had been an issue, it certainly wasn't now. She had left the parka and boots back in her hanging cell on the Nemesis so they did not earn the same fate as her t-shirt and jeans. 

     Ratchet supplied the item after finding Miko's forgotten bag from one of her trips with Bulkhead. He didn't know if there was actually one in there, but whether by luck or Primus' blessing, there was. He was stuck there watching his current patient pick out the shards herself, but he felt a little less useless when she asked him for bandaging and something to clean the wound with, of which June had supplied on one of her earlier visits. He helped with the cleanup and sanitizing the medical berth once she was done, taking glances at the human from time to time.

         "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She responded to his soon constant staring. (Y/N) had taken to lying on her back, staring at the ceiling as she caught her breath and sucked on the still bleeding hole in her lip.

         "Indeed." The medic grumbled, about to say more, but the human female appeared to have fallen into recharge, no longer sucking on the self-inflicted wound in her lip.

Welcome to the Autobot base! Be careful, doing the right thing can be contagious   :)