Chapter: 39 - Death

Tru Colton

Tru Colton

I stood watching Ashton as he hit Richard over the face for the 17th time with the handle bar of the gun. Purely for him not waking up. I didn't bother trying to explain to Ashton that if he hadn't woken up by now their was very little chance of him waking up now.

He hit him over the face one last time, then used the back of his hand to wipe the sweat off his forehead. Then turned round to me, a ludicrous smile on his face. "Want to try?" He asked, gesturing to Richard with he gun. I let out a small laugh. "I would rather wait until he's conscious." I said, half a smile on my face.

I looked over his shoulder to wear Richard still sat in the chair then back to Ashton. "I'll be back soon, I'm gonna go get a drink and sit down for a sec." His eyes widened and he pressed his hand to my belly. "Is it..." I shook my head, reaching up to cup his face then placed a kiss on his lips.

"I'm still trying to shake of the effects of that poison. But this..." I placed my hand over Ashton's which still rested on my belly. "...this is fine." I reassured him. I turned then, taking my time, I ascended the stairs leading to the main floor f the house.

Once I got up, I seen Carmen and London sat in the sitting room. Able and Maverick sat at the bar and Starr lay in her crib. I went to see my sister-in-law and mother-in-law first.

As I entered the sitting room, I was highly aware of the eyes on me. "Tru!" Carmen boomed, running over to me a wrapping her arms round me in a tight hug. "H-hey Carmen." I struggled to breathe. When I felt her loosen her death grip, I pulled back still in her arms. "Shit! Sorry." She gave me an awkward smile.

I laughed softly, moving out of her arms and walking over to the sofa to sit down. "How are you feeling?" London asked as I sat down beside her. I Crossed my legs over each other sighing as I relaxed back in the comfortable Italian leather.

"I'm surprisingly tired but the doctor did say I could feel like this for a while. Plus, I'm not allowed to take any pain killers..." I inwardly slapped myself, not wanting anyone to know that Ashton and I were expecting yet.

"Why?" Carmen asked, sounding concerned. "Just...side effects of something." Yup, good cover. I stood up and turned to face them both. "I'll be back soon, I need a drink." I smiled, then made a break for it, not wanting to make anymore awkward comments. I walked into the kitchen, noticing that Maverick and Able where no longer there.

I pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge, then turned round closing the door and bending to rest on the kitchen island. My mind floated back to yesterday, my day started so good, so perfect. I was happy at work, having the career that I wanted, then I got litterly the best news of my life, I was planning on telling my husband that news last night but then fucking a Richard had to ruin it.

I sighed, tapping my fingers on the island, hoping that Ashton would come up shortly. I turned to place my water in the fridge again when I heard a loud bang. Hurriedly, I closed the fridge over and reached over taking out a knife from the block and holding it by my side.