Chapter: 38 - Together

Ashton King

Ashton King

She lay sleeping in the middle of the bed, her arms wrapped out the pillow and her breathing now finally even. I stood leaning against the door frame looking down at her and thinking back to the person I had become; I was no longer as evil and cruel as what I once was. And that was because of her.

"Are you alright?" My mothers voice came from behind me as she rested her palm against my shoulder. The house was under lockdown now since I found Richard and one of his minions trying to steal Tru again.

"Look at her. How will I ever be 'alright'. She's in constant danger with me." I sighed, running a hand over my face. My mother reached past me, pulling the door closed and gently shutting it. I turned to her as she cupped my face in her hands. "Ashton King, that girl loves you! Don't you dare think that you are going to leave her for her safety, she's in more danger not having you by her side." She pulled a hand away and pointed down to the downstairs of the house.

"Most men in the mafia world would never dream of going to such lengths for their wives. You have your whole home on lockdown, security at every door, window and car in the place. Don't you dare tell me she isn't safe with you." I knew she was right, I knew that everything she said was right, yet a huge part of me still felt the need to leave Tru and let her get a fresh start to life.

"I know. I do, but I can't have her life in constant danger, it's bad enough I have you, Carmen and Starr but not my wife. I refuse to keep her in this life anymore." I rolled my shoulders back and my mother dropped her hands to her side.

"Don't be so hasty yet son. Once she wakes speak to her, talk to her please. She's like a daughter to your father and I. I don't know if I could stand to loose her." I nodded, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "I know. I'm sorry." I wasn't sure what I was sorry for, my future decision perhaps?

I moved past her, walking down the stairs I stopped mid-way. "Also, I want you and Carmen along with Starr to stay up here. I don't know what will happen if we find someone in the house who shouldn't be here." She gave me a worried look but slowly nodded her head. She was to busy considering the possibility of Tru and I splitting.

I made my way down stairs and into the living rom where all the woman were gathered, frantically pacing around gossiping. I had ran in with Tru in my arms whilst Able and My father where busy taking care of Richard and his side kick. They took them into the basement, leaving me wondering what their current state was.

"Ashton!" I heard Carmen call on me, she came running over to me with Starr in her arms. "Is she ok? Able hasn't told me anything, and I've tried to call him and he wont answer and..." I wrapped my arms round her and pulled her into a hug, she was like a sister to me my younger sister who I was willing to protect at all costs. Not to mention her and Tru had an extremely close relationship.