Chapter : 9

Tru Colton

I woke up to the sound of fait groans and whimpers. I must have fallen asleep on Ashtons bed. I sat up and looked round the dimly lit room, the only light being from the bathroom in the corner of the room.

"Fanculo" he hissed. I slipped out of the bed and walked over to the bathroom. Ashton was stood in the shower with his back to me. I looked down at the shower floor and blood ran through it.

"Ashton?" I whispered. I don't think he heard me. "Ashton?" I spoke a little louder. He still never answered. I walked in and his clothes where scattered over the large en-suite.

His gun was sat on the counter top along with a knife. I stepped closer so my body was pressed against the shower screen from the outside. I calculated his body for a moment realizing he must have been shot or stabbed.

But it couldn't be that bad considering he was standing. I pressed my small hand against his back which got lost in his muscles, he tensed under my touch. "Turn round." I said quiet yet firm. He ran and hand over his face and didn't turn.

"Turn the fuck around Ashton." My voice became more firm and he sighed turning.

"Oh my god Ashton!" Just under his abdomen was covered in blood along with a wide cut. He had been stabbed, and it was deep. Still in my silky night dress I stepped into the shower and turned it off.

"What are you doing?" He winced. I stepped out again and handed him a towel. "Your fucking bleeding Ashton!" He looked down at his wound and back up to me as he wrapped the towel round his waist.

"I'm fine T-" I interrupted him. "NO. ASHTON YOUR NOT!" His eyes widened at my sudden outburst. He stepped out of the shower and I helped him over to lay down on the bed. I propped pillows behind him and ran back into the bathroom.

I looked through all the cupboards and drawers until I found a first aid kit. I ran back into the room, tears threatening in my eyes.

Why was I so emotional about Ashton being hurt?

Our relationship is purely physical. I know that. And he knows that. So why do I feel like the only person in the world who means anything to me is hurting and I why do I want to take it away so bad?

I needled down beside the bed and began cleaning his wound. He hissed but nodded for me to keep going as the alcohol burned him. I cleaned the wound then stitched it up before wrapping a bandage round it to ease the pain.

"Thanks." He said stroking my cheek. I let out a shaky breathe and looked at him.

"What happened?" He sighed and moved to sit up more. "The Russians attacked the club. We weren't ready, but we will be next time." I nodded, not wanting to ask anymore questions. This was normal in the Mafia world, I knew that. But I hated seeing him hurt.

I turned to walk away but he grasped my wrist. "Where are you going?" He asked, sounding almost desperate. "The bathroom is covered in blood. I'm gonna clean it." He shook his head no and pulled me over to him.

"We have cleaners for that Tru." I raised my brow and argued back. "Rita is to old to be down on her hands and knees scrubbing that floor. It won't take me long. Then I'll leave you to sleep and I'll go to bed." He sighed, tightening his grip on my wrist. "Don't." I looked at him confused.

"The blood will sta-" he interrupted me. "Don't go to your bed. I want you here." My heart fluttered at his words. Could Carmen be right could he actually be falling for me. Was I falling for him also?

I nodded. I left to go and get some bleach and gloves before coming back upstairs and scrubbing the bathroom clean.

***

It was 3am before I got to bed, the whole time Ashton sat talking to me as I cleaned the floor. I slipped in the sheets beside him. He wrapped his arms round me and we fell asleep instantly.

"HE WAS STABBED!" I header London yell from downstairs. Then I heard hard footsteps up the stairs and outside Ashtons door. I didn't care I was lying here it was 7am, I was still sleeping.

"Ashton King!" London said firmly as she opened the door. "What!?" He groaned tightening his hold on me. He was still asleep to. "Get up, I want to see this wound!" She pulled back the covers which I was also under and I heard her gasp.

At the same time I broke me from my slumber. I sat up and looked round the room only to be met with Carmen's amused face. Abel's wide eyes, Mavericks avoided gaze and London's shock turned happy face.

"I'm sorry...I didn't know you where..." London stopped talking and looked at Ashton then at me, giving us a questioning look. "What do you want?" He groaned laying back down. Clearly avoiding her question.

"I wanted to make sure my son wasn't hurt! Don't you use that tone with me. You might be a mafia king but I'm still your mother." He rolled his eyes and sat up. "I'm fine. Look." He lifted his muscular arms showing his wound which was wrapped and no longer bleeding.

"Hmm, okay. Be down for breakfast in 10 minutes." Everyone left the room with one last glance at Ashton and I. He turned to me and pulled me into him. "Don't. I don't wanna hurt you." He rolled his eyes and continued pulling me in until I was flush against him.

"Your parents will be at my fathers party tonight." He said stroking my hair. "I know." He stopped and craned his head looking at me. "How?" I shook my head.

"Carmen told me last night, while you guys where out." He nodded and moved part of my hair away from my face. "Thank you for fixing me." He said in his husky morning voice. "It's ok." He kissed my head.

"Perché dovevi essere tu?" (Why did it have to be you?) I didn't speak Italian. After all it was only my father who was from Italy and my mother American. He moved away from me and walked into the en-suite.

I slid out of the sheets and made my way towards my own bedroom. I didn't bother getting ready yet as I wanted to go for a shower. But I took out a white shirt dress, a black Gucci belt, and black Prada heels. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before leaving my room.

The aroma of food carried me down the stairs to the kitchen were the chef - Peter - was standing making bacon, waffles, eggs, sausage, and lost of other breakfast foods. Carmen handed me a plate as I sat down at the table. Peter brought over all the food and lay it out across the table in serving dishes.

"How was your sleep?" Carmen nudged me. I shot her a glare as London sat down, still none of the men in sight. "Please Tru. I'm no prude! If I'm honest I'm happy that there's something going on between the both of you. I would much rather you than anyone else." I smiled at her and picked up a waffle.

"Well, just to let you guys know. Nothing happened. I just helped him get stitched and then he asked me to stay." London chuckled and poured us each a coffee. "Tru, I know my son. The way he looks at you isn't anything other than-" She was interrupted when the three men walked into the room.

Abel sat down beside Carmen and kissed her cheek. Maverick poured himself some coffee, and Ashton sat down. I realized he didn't have a plate. As soon as he sat down I stood up and walked over to the cupboard getting a plate for him as well as Abel who didn't have one either I passed Abel his and walked round placing Ashtons in front of him.

He was still clutching his side. "What would you like?" I asked gesturing to the food. He smirked and said, "Surprise me." I rolled my eyes and began placing food on his plate.

I seen from the corner of my eye London giving her son an approving head nod and smile. They really think he likes me, he doesn't. I think we have feelings for each other. But that's all.