Chapter: 21 - Lightening

Tru Colton

Tru Colton

My neck ached and my body felt battered. I fluttered my eye lids open to see my surroundings. I knew what happened.

I remembered it all too well.

I was laying down on my side and took that moment to look around. The shower was running, and Ashton was stood under the water. It was probably freezing cold. Just the way he liked it.

I tried sitting up but winced in pain, my neck felt broken but that was only because it was covered in bruises. My arms where purple, and my thighs just as bad.

I cried in pain as I sat up and Ashton practically sprinted out of the shower. Wrapping a towel round his waist and coming to my aid.

"Tru, I'm here. What do you need baby?" My heart ached. He always called me baby and now it made me ache with the memories of Richard.

"I'm fine. Just sore." He cupped my cheek, rubbing it softly. "What do you need? Do you want me to get you something? The doctor checked you after your got out of hospital. He said you might need meds, I'll get you...." I rested my hand on his chest, over his heart. It thumped, he was angry. I knew it.

But not at me, at Richard.

I forget how much Ashton cares about me. He loves me. And he shows me that every single fucking day.

Ashton, wasn't good a PDA. He didn't like all the lovey dovey shit either. But he shows me how much he loves me by protecting me.

He promised me a long time ago he would do anything to protect me; bleed for me, beat for me, kill for me.

But the time that I needed him he wasn't there.

And a selfish part of me was angry at him for it. Part of me tried to reason with myself. How could he have gotten to me any quicker.

What am I taking about? I don't even know how he found me!

"Ashton I'm fine. Really, just a little sore." He sighed rubbing my cheek. "I promise you Tru, he will pay." I sighed, nodding and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Ashton?" I whispered. "Yeah?" I hated how weak I sound. I was meant to be powerful, I was new, I was happy for the first time in a long time. And I sounded weak.

"When you found me, was I...bad?" Ashtons lack of words gave me my answer. Richard really used me. He got what he wanted, a slut to fuck.

Was that all I was to people? A slut?

Ashton didn't think of me like that, he appreciated every part of me. Every inch of me. He loved me for me. Not for my body, but for my head.

I was strong for him. But I was still angry at him.

Why? I don't know. Some part of me really thought he should have found me before Richard could hurt me.

I rolled my sore shoulders back and looked to Ashton. "I'm gonna go shower. I want to wash him off me." I swear I seen Ashtons eyes tear up.