Chapter: 34 - The Kings

Ashton King

Ashton King

I stood at the front door of the house, waiting for Tru to get home. She had been out shopping with Carmen and Starr. Obviously I sent Nario and a Leo with her but as usual my nerves of what could happen overwhelmed me.

Richard had been spotted on my home security camera walking past the house. The problem with the idiot is he knows everything. He knows exactly where all my guards stand, how many I have, the times of guard change. That was why I had to change everything. I had to extra security checks on my own fucking family because of him. Hell, the only person I never did a check on was Tru.

I watched as one of my men opened the gate for Tru's car. She was beaming as she drove up the drive way, lifting one hand off the steering wheel to wave at me. The corners of my lips turned up in response.

She stopped the car outside the front door, not bothering to park it in the garage. Carmen hoped out the car and ran round the front. "Can you get Starr please?" Not bothering to wait for a response, she ran past me into the house. Tru opened her door and passed me a container with Starbucks drinks in it. "What's wrong with her?" I asked, referring to Carmen.

Tru laughed, sliding out of the car. She was wearing a black polo shirt dress, with a white trimmed collar, a small Louis Vuitton hand bag and black Yeezy trainers. Her hair was in long loose curls framing her face. Clearly she wasn't caring about the December chill. "She needs to pee."

"What?" She asked closing the door over and popping the trunk using her key. "You look sexy." I smirked, liking my lips as my eyes engulfed her figure. She blushed, walking round to the trunk and taking out a hand full of shopping bags.

"How was your day?" She asked, handing each of the bags to me. Some where probably new shoes, her addiction. Others I assumed clothing for tonight's event. Tru's new 'boss' has invited us along to a Yacht party on his boat tonight. I couldn't honestly care if he has a boat or if he has one hundred boats. I'm going to ensure he's a decent human for my wife to be around.

"Alright. Able and I had a couple of meetings to deal with some on going issues. He has just popped out to get lunch for everyone with my father." Tru nodded as she opened the back passenger door where Starr was strapped in her car seat sleeping. "Good, I'm starving. We only got drinks for everyone anyway."

She slowly lifted Starr out of her car seat and craddled her in her arms, as she walked to the front door. I loved how she looked holding Starr. Mother hood would fit Tru one day. She would make an amazing mother when they day came for us to settle and have a family together. At least we were a step closer at this point, we we're married now. Not a long way from parenthood.

We walked inside the house. I placed all the bags along with the Starbucks drinks on the large round table that sat pride of place in the entry way. Tru walked into the sitting room, and placed Starr in her swing chair, before walking back over to me.