Chapter : 6

Tru Colton

Ashton dragged me out of the meeting room after I threw a stapler at a guy who tried to grope me. "Hey! Quit pulling my arm!" I whined. "Sit here and don't move. I'll be back soon." He through me into his office which was on the top floor.

I huffed sitting on the black leather sofa, which faced onto a large black glass desk. The whole office was depicted in darker shades of grey and black. Behind the desk sat a tall black leather chair, and behind then was a floor to ceiling window giving you a view of Italy. In front of the desk was two shorter black chairs - I assume for guests to use, a 90inch tv screen on the wall to the left with a door beside it I assume for a bathroom, and where I was sat a small bar lined the area.

I bit my cheek trying to decide what to do with myself considering Ashton locked the door behind him. I walked over to the bar and poured myself some whiskey. I then sipped on it as I looked through Ashtons shelves in his office. Some of them displayed books, a couple of them had family pictures, and most had glass cases containing guns. Guns from Ashtons first kill, Mavericks first kill, and probably Abel's first kill too.

I picked up a book and walked over to Ashtons desk. He's just boring me now, he's not giving me any fun.

I kicked my legs over the desk resting them their, allowing my skirt to rise on my thighs. I sipped on my whiskey, whilst reading the book. Some book about WW2 not that I knew anything about that so I might as well try and learn.

The book was short because it was missing lots of pages, I through it on the chair in front of the desk when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hello?" I shouted, the person on the other side of the door shook the handle a little but never answered back. "I would open the door but I'm locked in here..." I yelled, hoping the person would at least tell me there name. "WHO THE HELL IS IT?" I was to impatient for people like this. The door clicked opened. I stood up when a tall man - 6'0 - not as tall as Ashton but still. With short blonde hair, green eyes, and a fairly muscular body walked in.

"Your not Ashton." He gave me a pointed look. "Well done you've got eyes. Can I help you with something?" He looked startled but then walked over to the desk and sat a folder down. "Yeah, can you just tell Ashton that Richard stopped by?" I eyed the man up and down. He was wearing a light grey suit, with a white shirt and black shoes. "Your Richard?" He smirked and leaned across the desk a little.

"Yeah, why?" I turned my lip up and him and scoffed. "I'm not good with names. But I know a face, now at least I can describe to Ashton it was a snarky, arrogant, dick head who stopped by." I shot him a happy smile whilst his smirk faded.

Can tell I'm not having a good day right?

He stood tall and sat down in the chair in front of me. "You know what? I'll wait for Ashton." I gave him a thumbs up and poured myself another whiskey. I sat back down at the desk and kicked my legs over once again. "What your name?" He asked. "None of you fucking business." He cocked a brow at me. "You know, I've been here less than five minutes and you've been nothing but a rude bitch to me. You don't even know me." He spat. "Your right. I don't know you, but I know your type." He gave me a look telling me to elaborate.

"You think because your your rich and handsome that everything will be handed to you; money, drugs, power, woman. But the minute your denied any of those things you get your panties in a twist and find someone else to blame. Then you fight and fight until you get your way like the stubborn, arrogant, mother fucker you are." His eyes shot open. His face was mixed with confusion and amusement.

"Your the devil in the heels aren't you?" His thick Italian accent spoke. "Tru Colton, nice to meet you." I gave him a wide grin and a smirk appeared on his face. "Tell me, why are you in Ashton's office? His new toy?" I clicked my tongue and leaned across the desk. "I'm not anyone's toy. If anything he's mine." He chuckled and sat back in his seat. "I like you Tru." I cocked my brow at him.

"Let me take you to dinner." I snorted. "I can't." He stood up and walked round the desk standing in front of me. "Why's that?" He asked standing in front of the chair, studying my body over. "I'm staying with Ashton for a month. I don't think he would like it if I said I was leaving for dinner with one of his colleagues - I'm assuming?" He flashed me his pearly whites and spoke.

"Actually, Ashton is my cousin. I know exactly why your here, and I know everything about you. I have to admit he never told me your where this sexy." I smirked and stood up so I was facing him. "I hate to burst your bubble. But I know Ashton...as I'm sure you do too. He's keeping me 'hostage' he not letting me go out unless it's with him, and quite frankly. I'm a 10 when your 5 at a push."

He bent down to my ear and whispered."Be careful round Ashton, Tru. Sooner or later you'll find out the truth to why your here." The door opened and Ashton walked in. His eyes had went from there beautiful ocean blue, to a stone grey. He looked angry, something must have happened in the meeting room. And to add fuel to the fire he didn't look all that impressed to see Richard either.

"Richard." Ashton gave him a nod and walked over to the desk. "Where is it?" Richard reached across my body, his cologne coating me. "Right here cous" he stalked over and handed Ashton the manila folder. "She's feisty." He said to Ashton before turning to me and flashing me a shark grin. I folded my arms over my chest and stared at the two men.

They spoke for a moment in hushed voices before Ashton turned to me. "Tru, there's security waiting at the car. Go down and sit there I'll be down in a sec." I glared at both of them before I took my bag off the sofa and pushed past them both taking the keys from Ashton in the passing.

"See you soon baby." Richard called just before I slammed the door.

What does Richard mean? Why am I here?