Maybe you would have been fine had the luminescence been it, but when the barely visible speakers hidden in the corners of the ceiling began blasting a terribly upbeat song, you knew this was going to be hell.

It was incredibly loud, and after the song ended each time, it'd repeat again and again, on a constant loop until you knew each and every lyric. Time seemed to move slowly, though you had no way to tell. Every moment was filled with blinding light and blaring noise. It felt like your ears would start bleeding any minute now.

𝒮𝓊𝓃𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈

As time passed, you felt exhausted, but you couldn't sleep. Your senses wouldn't let you no matter how hard you tried. You laid curled into a ball with your palms covering your ears, though they didn't do much to block out the noise. It never stopped, it's happy tune coming back over and over and over again. A terrible song it had become, especially since you were anything but happy.

You let out a yell of frustration before forcing yourself to get up and crawling over to the door.

"Let me out!" You screamed as you slammed your fists against it, but no matter how loud you yelled or how hard you punched, the door never opened. Hoodie didn't let you out, he didn't save you from the repetitive noise. You were left in this room to rot, to be tortured until you submitted, and you couldn't help but wonder if his desired outcome was for you to be like Jade. To be like the friend who had literally just tried to kill you. To be numb, to do whatever he wanted, to be broken. You wondered if Hoodie just wanted you to be his puppet, someone he could mold until you were his perfect soldier. After all, he was trying to force you to murder your friends. It'd probably be easier for him if you just stopped feeling, but you wouldn't do that. You couldn't.

𝒯𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓈𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈

Your hopes of escape had faded, but part of you still wanted to fight, to somehow get out of this, no matter how stupid that thought seemed. It was nothing but wishful thinking, but at this point, it was the only thing that kept you going. Saving your friends, leaving this place for good, and exposing these freaks while you were at it. Hell, you'd even take Jade with you as long as she didn't try to murder any of you again. If the four of you somehow came together and combined your efforts, maybe you'd have a chance. It was unrealistic, but if you lost hope, you'd be nothing.

𝒲𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒?

Both physical and mental pain simultaneously crashed down on you. Bruises from being thrown around like a rag doll, hunger, exhaustion, Jade's betrayal, the overarching feeling of hopelessness, everything that had happened these past couple of weeks made you want to scream until your vocal cords bled. But even if you screamed, you knew you'd barely hear it. Now back in the center of the room, once again curled into a ball, you weren't even sure if you were crying anymore.

It was so loud.

A painful headache pounded against every part of your skull, and you were sure your strained eyes were bloodshot by now. Your stomach growled angrily, and your frown deepened at the realization that you'd probably be starved while you were here as well. Music torture, sleep deprivation, and starvation, wonderful. With all of Hoodie's methods, you wondered how many others had been in similar situations to you, though you're sure he's tortured people for reasons other than some stupid murder game. Based on what you've seen about him online and what you know to be true, he's probably interrogated people before, especially other researchers like yourself and your group.

𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑜 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒, 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃

The fact that they go after people for looking into their reality is both interesting and concerning. Many of the people who investigate them are no older than sixteen, which means they may or may not have murdered a bunch of teenagers. Then again, the information they collected probably wasn't super accurate, or at least you hoped it wasn't, because that seemed to be what landed you here. While you weren't sure what you had gotten correct, apparently it was enough to be captured and or killed.

You sighed in both annoyance and pain. Your eyes though closed, still burned as if they had been lit on fire, which they might as well have been since these lights were so fucking bright. You rolled onto your stomach, burying your face in the padded floor while your hands were still doing their best to stop the persistent song from attacking your eardrums.

𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹

Thinking back on what Hoodie said, they were extending the training time by two days. So from the moment you were shoved in here, there were six days until the fights. You would have been glad about this had you not been imprisoned in this room, especially since more time till the fights meant Hoodie could keep you in here longer. And you had no doubt in your mind that that was exactly what he was going to do.

♫𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒲𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒?♫

4.8 pages · 1,628 words