Chapter 24: One last day

Heyyyyyyyy

Heyyyyyyyy

OMG I came to thank you that I reached #1 place in the #uchihaitachi hashtag likeeee WHAT??? (I fell back to 2, but still really happy) I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE who reads my silly little story, even though I don't get much votes+comments, I still really appreciate every one of you, THANK YOU, IT MEANS A LOT!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ It is kinda weird how it happened, as everyone in the top 10 has thousands of reads hehe

Sorry I speak too much, buuuuut I went to my FIRST EVER con this weekend and I can't accept the fact that we are not there anymore, I really, really enjoyed it ahhh. I got an Itachi plushie impulsively (and many other things 😅)

Okay I will shut up now, enjoy the chapter ❤️❤️

Ecco

————————

I looked at Itachi's sleeping face. He looked so calm and innocent. Usually, he looked older than his age, but there, laying in front of me, he was nothing but a 21 year old man dreaming of something I knew nothing of.

It felt like someone held my heart and squeezed it. I was full of sadness and fear of the future.

The last couple of weeks ran away from me, while I wished I could stop the time a little so I could spend a little more time with Itachi.
But it was impossible.

A little glimpse of hope showed itself for me - of course I felt like a terrible person, but I felt a little relieved when we heard that Sasuke died. Of course we learned it soon that it wasn't true - he survived Deidara's massive bombing somehow.

I ran out of options to prolong Itachi's life just a little. The day of his death came closer and closer. And his condition got worse as well. His vision was so blurry, he was almost blind, he coughed very, very often and he didn't tell me, but I was sure he felt pain every second.

I wanted him to live, but I knew life was too painful for him. And it broke my heart into a million pieces.

But I tried to smile. I tried to forget about it, for our last day.

Because we still had one last day together to act like a normal couple and say goodbye to each other.

He woke up soon. He was so sweet, his eyes were wet, he looked like a puppy, I wanted to protect him from everything. He smiled at me.

"Hello, love. What do you want to do today?" he hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I already prepared... I want to have a picnic with you" I said. I woke up early just to prepare the food for the day.

He looked at me with a surprise.

"Picnic? Why?" he smiled.

"Because I've never had a picnic in my life and I thought it would be... fun"