Epilogue: Uchiha Shisui

[Yes, this is the last chapter]

My son almost turned one year old

My son almost turned one year old. And he was beautiful. Shisui was beautiful.

Funnily, my boy was a perfect combination of me and Itachi, but everyone said he's more like an Uchiha. He had his father's black hair, but my curls. His skin was pale white, like Itachi's, but he had my freckles.

But his most beautiful feature were his eyes. Shisui was born with heterochromia: his left eye was golden brown, and his right eye was black. I wouldn't be surprised if he was capable of using both sharingan and golden eyes.

We still lived in Konoha, but I wanted to leave for a while. I received the permission from the sixth hokage to do so, but I was afraid to leave alone and I didn't want to ask another favor from Konoha.

We were in the garden, Shisui sat on a blanket, playing with his wooden toys.

Sakura was there, too, she brought us some of her homemade cookies. She got better at baking recently. She was a lot happier since Sasuke returned to the village. We visited Sasuke quite often as he wanted to see his nephew. The first time I brought Shisui to him, he started crying. He changed, after all.

"They will let Sasuke go" said Sakura. "But he will leave the village again" sadness was in her voice. Sasuke was imprisoned since the war, he committed great crimes after all. "He said he will visit you before he leaves"

"I see" I said as I gave a different toy to Shisui. I already knew it, last time I visited him, the sixth hokage mentioned he will be free soon. A plan started to form in my head. The news arrived the best time possible.

———-

As Sakura said, later that day, Sasuke came to visit to say goodbye. He was playing with Shisui a little. He looked at me while he grabbed Shisui and sat him on his lap.

"I am leaving the village, Amane" he said. "Today"

I nodded. I was prepared.

"Sasuke" I said. "Would you... give me a favor?" I asked.

He smiled sadly.

"I would do anything you ask for" he said. He always said similar things. He acted like he owed me.

"I need you to take us home... I need you to accompany us to Hidden Volcano"

He looked at me surprised.

"Can you leave?"

"Yes. I got permission from Kakashi."

"But is it okay?" he asked. "Shisui is an Uchiha... his home is Konoha"

"He can return if he wants to" I said. "But he is also a Hidaka"

"I will do it" he said. "I will take you home. But only if you allow me to visit you time to time"

"It's not a problem" I smiled. "You can come whenever you like"

———————-

The road was long and it took several days to get to Hidden Volcano.

Sasuke was a better travel companion than I expected. It was hard to talk to him in the beginning, but eventually he opened up and talked more.

Honestly, it was quite sad that our journey ended. He was the last person alive who was close to Itachi after Kisame died.

I saw the walls of my village and I inhaled the familiar scent of the desert.

I was away for more than four says. In that four years I met two amazing people I loved and I lost them both. I found a brother, and I found a lover.

I never thought I would return.

But I was really curious about the villagers' faces when they will see me return with a kid. It will be really funny for sure. I couldn't help smiling.

I reached the point in my life, when I was strong enough and ready to close a big, fat chapter of my life.

A sad chapter, but yet, a beautiful one.

The chapter of him and I.

THE END