Chapter 11: The stolen coat

Note: after like 10 chapters I guess it was time to change the cover lolEnjoy xx——————————————-

Enjoy xx
——————————————-

I woke up on a futon, in an empty hotel room.

The place was probably a hidden bathhouse somewhere. I didn't know how I got there. I couldn't move my arms, as I was wrapped in two blankets and an Akatsuki coat.

I saw two more futons in the room, looked like someone slept in them. Probably Itachi and Kisame, but it was strange, we always slept in separate rooms.

I freed my body from the blankets and the coat. My body was sore and weak, I was hungry and thirsty.

Then I remembered. I checked my stomach, I saw the long scar on it and I remembered the voices I heard in the darkness.

They didn't left me there to die. That shinobi probably poisoned me with his kunai, but Itachi and Kisame saved me. It sounded unbelievable but I was glad they did it.
I need to thank them later.

But where were they?

My first thought was that they left me behind, but it didn't make so much sense as they saved my life.

I stood up, I almost collapsed. I felt so dizzy, I don't know how long I was unconscious.
I found a glass of water on a small table and some dry fruit. I drank the water and ate the fruit, I already felt a lot better.
Then I found a note.

Little Lady
In case you wake up: great. We went on a small mission, wait for us here. Take a bath if you want.

It was kinda funny that Kisame left me a cute little note like this. Like he was my big brother. I thought he put the coat on me too, but it was a smaller size. My heart pounded faster just thinking about the fact that Itachi put his coat on me.

I did as the note said: I put a bathrobe on and I went to take a bath. The bathhouse was empty, so I could fully enjoy bathing. I was dirty and I smelled terrible. I also washed my clothes in my room. I had clean underwear and a clean top in my bag, so I changed in them.

Then I had an idea. I grabbed Itachi's coat and I put it on. I imagined that he was the one wrapping it around me because I was cold on a date or something. Then he holds my hand and...

I shook my head. It's not a good idea getting stucked in fairy tales, it just creates false hope. I looked in the mirror in the room. The coat was way too big on me, but it carried Itachi's scent.

I danced around in the room in it, it felt good to finally move my body. I looked out the window. The bathhouse was on the middle of nowhere.

I waltzed across the room to sit on the table. I was hoping they would get back soon.

That's when I heard the door opening.

I grabbed my kunai in case it was an attack, but Itachi was the one entering the room. He looked weird without his coat.

"Amane, thank god you're awake." he looked at me better. "What... are you wearing?"

"Oh, I just put on your coat"

"It wasn't a gift, Amane, can you give it back? I need it"

"Funny, I thought I would keep it"

He came closer, I was teasing him. But it looked like he took it seriously.

"Amane, just give my coat back, please"

I could, but I found it funny how serious he was. I don't know why I did that.

"No, I won't. It's mine now" I smiled at him, but he didn't look so happy. He came so close, he stood right before me.

"Amane, please. You need to give it back" he grabbed the sleeve of the coat to emphasize what he wants.

I leaned towards him.

"No."

He clenched his mouth, he probably started to lose his patience but I enjoyed this teasing a little too much.

The next thing I remember was his lips against mine. I felt his hands on my thighs, but I didn't know how they got there. At least my body reacted faster. I kissed him back, I liked his taste. His lips were dry but sweet, his hair tickled my face. He felt so desperate like he was thirsty and I was a glass of water. I didn't want this to end.

But it did. As soon as it started. His cheeks were red, he looked straight in my eyes.

"Keep the damn coat, I don't care" he said. "Just forget about this, please"

He left the room before I could even answer. I was shocked for a second then reality hit me.

I took the coat off as fast as I could. I walked up and down in the room, biting my nails.

What the hell was that? How it even happened?
Still it was so nice...

No. He wants to forget about this, Amane. Don't get false hope. It probably won't happen again.

I knew it, but he just gave me that false hope I never thought would happen.

Damn it.

Kisame arrived too, I was so lost in my thoughts I almost didn't notice him.

"Finally awake, little lady" he said. "Do you know why Itachi ran away like he left a crime scene?"

"Who knows?"

He didn't ask more questions. That was a good thing about him. He talked too much but he just didn't give a fuck about most things. If something has nothing to do with him then it's none of his business.

Itachi didn't return till the evening. Kisame told me about the last few days and what happened with that mission. He said Itachi saw me collapse first, somehow he grabbed me and they ran away. I was sure they killed some of those shinobis but I didn't ask. Kisame said they didn't have the chance to take back the scroll. They took me to a missing ninja who knew healing really well, the Akatsuki helped him once and he payed back his debt with healing me. Kisame said Itachi stayed with me while he delivered the scroll, then they took me to the bathhouse.

I slept for 4 days.

When Itachi returned he didn't even look at me. He didn't say a word to me, he only talked a few words to Kisame. He left the room after we had dinner and didn't return by the time me and Kisame went to sleep.

I felt really bad for a while. It was all because of me... I took the damn coat, and now this whole thing will mess with our teamwork. I didn't want to leave them for a stupid coat and a stupid kiss.

But oh that kiss was so beautiful... I wanted to experience it again. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss and I was hoping I wouldn't forget it.

Then I realized it wasn't my fucking fault. I loved blaming myself all the time, but to be honest... it was all Itachi. I just played with him while he was the one who kissed me and he was the one who acted cold and quiet making it obvious that something did happen.

I wish I knew what the hell was his problem and why he even kissed me.
I didn't got anywhere with my thoughts as I fell asleep.