Chapter 29. | born this way i.

Começar do início

Once we arrived, I pulled up to the first window. "Welcome to Chick-fil-a, how may I help you?" The drive-through worker said through the window.

"Hello, I would like two chicken sandwiches deluxe meals. But for one of the drinks, make it a large vanilla milkshake and the other a large frozen lemonade." Santana ordered. "Should we get Jonah something?" She questioned.

The rest of my siblings brought their own lunch and Jonah i'd known for skipping lunch which is why I'm only getting him something to eat.

"Oh right. Can you add an eight-piece nugget meal and for the drink a medium Pepsi." I added. "Is that everything?" The drive-through worker asked. "Yes." San responded.

"Okay, your total is $35.50. Please move onto the next window." The worker said.
After I paid for everything and grabbed our food, Santana made sure it was correct before we pull off.

I had to hide the food in my backpack so we wouldn't get in trouble. As soon as we entered the cafeteria, I pulled out everything.

"You two went to Chick-fil-a?" Puck asked. "What does it look like?" Santana questioned as she ate a waffle fry in his face. "Jonah! Come here." I called over my brother since he was sitting at the football table.

"What's up?" Jonah asked curiously as he approached our table. "Here." I said as I handed him his food. "You got me Chick-fil-a? Thanks." My twin smiled as he pulled me into a hug. "Yeah, yeah. Go enjoy." I responded before he walked away.

*THE NEXT DAY*

As Mr. Shue was walking to the front of the glee club room, Rachel entered the room and we were surprised at what we saw.

"Oh my God, you're getting a nose job." Quinn pointed out. "I'n considering having a minor procedure to repair my deviated septum." Rachel responded. "So basically...a nose job." I stated.

"Look, I am...I am happy with the way that I look, okay? And I have embraced my nose. But let's say I wanted to have a slightly more demure nose. Like Quinn's or Jennie's, for example." Rachel explained.

"I-I would never change my appearance for vanity, but, I mean, the doctor said that it could possibly improve my talent, which would help us all for Nationals." She added

"Possibly? What about the risks? Your voice is amazing as is, Rachel." Mr. Shue told her seriously. "Hold up." Santana started. "I am sorry on her behalf in advance for whoever she is about to insult." I sighed.

"Could we all just get real here for a second? I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean, I wouldn't know because, like Medusa, I try to avoid eye contact with her." My girlfriend started and I just shook my head.

"But can we all just stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean, I am sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction." Santana said rudely.

"I bet Artie's thought about getting his legs removed since he's not really using them anyway. And I am definitely sure that Tina has looked into getting an eye de-slanting." She added.

"That is extraordinarily racist." Tina responded. "I am just keepin' it real." Santana shrugged. "Sorry, Santana. I am a beautiful person. I'm in love with myself, and I would never change a thing." Tina said proudly.

"Is that why you are wearing blue contacts today, Tina? Self-hating Asian. Not many Asian sex symbols, right?" My girlfriend asked and I just sighed deeply.

"I'm just trying to be in fashion and mirror what I see in the magazines." Tina stated. "My dancing kind of bothers me. Uh, it almost killed Rachel, but I like the way I look." Finn smiled.

"Oh, please. You have weird, puffy pyramid nipples. They look like they're filled with custard, or you could dust them with powdered sugar and they could pass for some sort of dessert." She said rudely.

"Look, maybe Rachel's fine with having an enormous beak. Maybe she needs it to crack hard seeds. All I'm saying is that if you look in the mirror and you don't like what you see, you should change it." My girlfriend finished.

"I am so sorry if any of you took offense to what she just said." I said sincerely. "I'm not." Santana murmured.

"Whoa, guys. I'm really shocked at what I'm hearing here. It goes against everything the glee club stands for. I'm telling you, the thing you would most like to change about yourself is the most interesting part of you." Mr. Schuester told us.

"Well, maybe, but at this school, the thing that makes you different is the thing people use to crush your spirit." Finn stated. "Well...that can only happen if your confidence or 'spirit' isn't too high, to begin with." I stated as the bell rang.

***

As I was walking down the hallway for my upcoming class, Rachel approached me. "Hey Jennie, can I ask you a question?" She asked. "Sure, what's up." I replied.

"Do you mind coming with me and Quinn to the plastic surgeon? You have a nice nose and I would like to see what it would look like on me." Rachel asked.

"Um...I don't know about that." I responded unsurely. "She's driving me there so you could meet us there if you would like. We're going after school so please do think about it." Rachel stated before walking away.

***

"I heard Rachel chose you as a candidate for her new nose." My girlfriend said as we were sitting in the library. "Yeah and I don't know how I feel about it." I responded honestly. "What's wrong?" She asked concernedly.

"I don't think she should get her nose done." I replied. "Quinn encouraging it is kinda scummy. Because we all know she had a nose job and maybe liposuction. Who knows but, it's kinda weird that she's egging her on to doing it." I added.

"Then why don't you tell her that." Santana suggested. "Should I?" I questioned. "If you're that strongly against then, you should. Maybe she'll listen to you since you're coming from a place of love." She answered.

"Okay then, I will. After this period." I told my girlfriend. "You know despite what you think about yourself, you truly are a nice person Jen." Santana said seriously and I shook my head.

"I am not a nice person San." I responded. She then grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"Yes, you are Jennie. Just you caring a lot about Rachel's nose job situation shows just how good of a person you are." She smiled. I flashed her a smile and an endearing look before I continued working.

On my way to my next class, I saw Rachel at her locker and decided that I should now decline her offer. "Rachel I can't go with you and Quinn to the plastic surgeon." I told her as I walked up to her locker.

"I can't support you getting a nose job. It just doesn't feel right. You haven't even fully grown into your face, how do you know what you are going to look like in the future?" I stated seriously. "Who knows, your face can drastically change before we graduate." I stated.

"You know...I don't like you most of the time but, before this incident, you were one of the most confident people I knew. Now because of some freak accident, you want to change how you look? That's not the Rachel Berry I know." I continued seriously.

"I hope you take what I'm saying to you seriously. I would hate for you to change something you were once so proud of because some old white man told you to." I added before walking away.