Review #54: @BooksandGray

Title: Adore You
Author: @BooksandGray
Reviewer: CatLoverHope
Review:

First I'll begin with the parts of the book the readers see first.

The title seems very sweet and it when mixed with the tags makes the plot seem like a rollercoaster, honestly. I quite enjoy it!

This is the part I think the author should concentrate on more: the blurb. Although it delivers information efficiently, it seems a little boring. I think the author should add the first love part that was in the first chapter, in small length, of course. This is merely a suggestion, though, the author could write anything. Just think, what kind of blurbs intrigue me? Or maybe would I read it if the blurb were cuter/more mature? These are the things that help most in writing romance blurbs. A dramatic or endearing scene also is a good option.

Diving into chapters that hold captors to my heart *cough* Maria and Nicole *cough*

The grammar of the book is good, simple yet not too much. The major things that need improvement are:
1. The descriptions
These aren't elaborate enough and pretty vague. From the environment the characters are in to their emotions, descriptions build relationships for the readers and the book. Lia's emotions too, though the author describes them well, some similes and metaphors would make descriptions much better.
2. Figures of speech
Figures of speech are really important for building chemistry, among characters and readers alike. They make things more appealing in a literary sense . I'm not suggesting these only for Robbie's eyes heh, but for everything. Symbolisation, metaphors, similes, et cetera work magic.
Keeping these in mind, I'll also list the things their absence affects the story.
1. The events all seem bland
2. Readers don't have any special chemistry with the character
3. Absence of that bubbly feeling you get when
authors exceptionally describe or compare things.
4. Even with good paragraph arrangements, I can't find myself excited for what will happen in the story too much.

These are just a few I had at the top of my head, there may be many more. I think it all sums up to lack of chemistry , if put shortly.
Also, another thing; except the romance part and everything mentioned in tags, I can't seem to find a purpose to the plot? Maybe mention of the characters grow, or something superficial, even, to give the readers more purpose to continue the book. It feels like a personal experience when these things are cleared. If that's not what the author is going for though, I think it could be enhanced in other ways which may or may not include some cute moments from Robbie👀

I apologize for the super late review, I'm catching up on everything. Life's been one hell of a disaster, but that's no excuse for poor service. I sincerely apologize with all my heart. I hope this helps even a tiny bit, considering the long wait.