Review #30: @OctoberAsters

reviewed author: OctoberAsters
book title: Ineffable
reviewer: dreaminginreverie

make sure you tag me if you have questions!

cover + title:
the cover is simple but cute! i actually had to look up what the title meant and then i realized. . .it fits so perfectly! i don't know how you found a word that fits that well, but you somehow did!

description:
i like it but i feel like something is missing, especially when we're learning about iris. her part feels incomplete for some reason.

writing style:
i really like it! it's not very unique but it fits your book perfectly! i also like how you add songs with every chapter, it makes me feel the chapter if you know what i mean!

characters:

iris -
i really like her! she seems very relatable and i love that she has a passion in one of the arts. she has such a big personality and she's very well put together.

colt -
he's such a cutie! i absolutely love him and i'm so glad you made him best-friend's with iris. you don't see many teen fic books where the girls are simply friends with the guys. my only concern is that he's going to get left behind when iris starts hanging around noah more.

noah -
typical bad boy! while it may seem cool to have that mysterious bad boy in your book just remember that literally every teen fic has a bad boy and they usually don't differ much so it feels like you're reading about the same guy over and over and over again. keep an eye on him so he doesn't slip into that typical bad boy mold.

grammar:
this really needs work. you have a lot of misspelled words that caused me to have to go back and re-read entire paragraphs just to understand what they were saying. you also have a lot of choppy sentences that need help. i'd suggest an editor.

overall thoughts:
i really liked the book and how different it was from the normal teen fics i read. i believe it has major potential if you just work on the things i mentioned above! thank you for choosing me as your reviewer!