Review #34: @stellanread

reviewed author: stellanread
book title: Camouflaged Chaos
reviewer: dreaminginreverie

make sure you tag me if you have questions!

cover + title:
the cover is simple but cute! the font really draws your eyes to it and makes you wonder what it could be about. the title is also really interesting, as i've never seen one like it before!

description:
this could use a bit of help. it'd look a lot cleaner if you placed everything not related to the story - like the fact that there are multiple perspectives, that it's a rewrite, and that it's a young adult racism awareness novel - under the actual description of the story. descriptions are mainly used to instill a sense of intrigue in the reader, and while yours does it doesn't do it at the beginning. adding in the fact that it's a racism awareness novel turns me away, since that's not the intriguing part. the intriguing part comes along when you learn about naomi, so just continue off of that.

writing style:
i really like it! it actually reminds me of my own writing so it's good to know someone else writes like i do!

characters:

naomi -
i really like her! she's super relatable and i just love her internal thoughts! i'm really glad you wrote about her in the way you did. i feel like lots of authors overlook the fact that society presses down on women to look and act certain ways, and i'm really happy you wrote a book where it's highlighted!

blake -
he seems nice, but i peeked at the sixth chapter and noticed he got kind of ugly with our girl. i think you may have to send me his address so i can pay him a nice little visit. *winks*

grammar:
this could also use a bit of help. i noticed a considerable amount of misspelled words, incorrect tenses, and places where you didn't add the comma for a conjunction. an editor can easily help you with this and i'd recommend you look into getting one.

overall thoughts:
i really enjoyed reading your book! it keep me interested, which is something a lot of books struggle to do. i believe your book has great potential if you work on the things i mentioned above and invest in an editor. thank you for choosing me as your reviewer!