Review #33 : @SueKalous

REVIEW OF WILDERNESS INSIDE AND OUT BY SUEKALOUS
SueKalous
Reviewer: Rita_writes

The Cover needs lot of work, for such a beautiful story it needs something far better than what it holds. The background, fonts and colour choice is just not it for me. I couldn't even see your name as the author because the colour used for the fonts blended into the background, the only word visible is 'WILDERNESS' the rest isn't and what made it worse was the size of the text. I have read and seen that your story is beautiful and it deserves better. Remember the cover of a book is one of the major things that draws readers. Though the saying is 'Don't judge a book by its cover' sadly many people do. So you could visit a cover shop and work more on this.

The blurb is nice and interesting, but it's more like the summary of the story than an actual blurb. It went on too long and you gave too much information to the readers. You should rewrite your blurb, try to tease your readers with what you have for them inside, but also not revealing too most of the juicy bits.

Now, if I had been the type to judge a book by its cover, I might not have opened your book, but I did open it and I really wasn't expecting what I saw. I definitely wasn't expecting such a good written story and you definitely wowed me with your style of writing and the additional humor you introduced through your characters.

At first I was confused because I didn't read the blurb of your story till after the first chapter, but going on, I later got to understand what's happening. I love how you have created such unique characters. Phillip was kinda annoying in the beginning, at the first chapter I had gotten really close to not liking him because of the way he treated Nicole, but I do like him now, mostly because of his wits. I also love Alex, he's my favourite, because he acts more mature and understanding, but mostly because he's a closeted gay guy, your characters are just so relatable and unique.

Your description and grammar were amazing. You were able to create a good enough imagery to your readers. I love how you did not spend paragraphs describing one particular thing, because that would have pushed your readers away from the plot and the happenings at that moment. You showed at the right time and told at the right time, it's something most writers don't understand, I'm glad to have seen that in your book.

It was a good read and I enjoyed every moment of reading this, you need to change your cover like immediately and maybe rewrite your blurb, but all in all, keep up the good writing.