The Demise

Just before we start, I have a small announcement to make!

I have won Second Place in the Pertichor Awards for 'The Fallen Star' by The_clouds_community. I am so ecstatic to receive and this is my first ever award. It feels so surreal. I am so excited about this award...

¤¤¤

After a few minutes of shouting and trial, Maya finally managed to get him inside the car on her lap. Her friends too were so shocked to see Rudra like that.

With the acidic drops surfacing her face, she muttered under her mask,

"I hate you for doing this to me!"

Maya was so helpless at this moment. These 6 months have indeed been a testing time for their friendship. She didn't expect him to betray her but at the same time, the reasons were also immaculate.

Staring at his head which was bleeding, his chest and legs were super-spreaders of blood. She let her tears out as she held his body closer to her bump...

As they reached the hospital, Rudra was soon shifted to a stretcher with Maya being by his side. When she released his hand, it fell abruptly making her scared. He was taken into the operation theatre...

Tapping her feet impatiently amidst the silent corner, she felt scared. With the nurses and a few machines running into the theatre, she couldn't help but get up and peep into the operation theatre through the hole.

They were trying to revive him using the defibrillator. She could hear her friends asking her to calm down and sit but she was getting emotional.

Doctors were shaking their heads and Maya could notice that they were panicking with nurses running around the room. Within a few minutes, a doctor came out and she stood up slowly owing to her bump.

She heard the doctor saying," His condition is a bit too critical and we have no hope that he would come back. The sad reality is he is also tested Positive for COVID-19 through the primary antigen test.."

¤¤¤

"Maya, Maya..." She felt someone calling her and she screamed slightly. It was a dream. A very bad daydream. Her arm was rubbed by her friends and she was also given a bottle of water to drink. Picking it with trembling fingers, she gulped a whole lot of liquid than she was supposed to.

"Maya, the people we are hearing on the radio are Rudra's parents right?" Her friend asked to which she turned the volume on and her ears perceived the news.

"The famous couple was found dead in their house today morning. The police are under the suspicion of suicide as..."

"Drive to Rudra's house." She said immediately in a panicking voice to which her friends tried to calm her...

She didn't know what was happening to her but the news of death and even the daydream of Rudra dying wasn't allowing her anymore.

He has done so many things yet should she forgive him for the mistake which had cost her whole path of life? She didn't know the answer to it.

As she entered the compound of his house after a few minutes, she saw the thickened crowd. She closed her eyes momentarily to get visuals of his body which had blood.

Opening her eyes at that moment, she tried to divert herself. As she walked towards the door, she saw that his parent's body was laid on the table outside. Standing in front of their bodies for a few moments and praying for their souls, she averted her gaze to see Rudra there in a white kurta.