~ His Point Of View ~

Scrounging through her drawers, she was searching for something. Taking a file, she opened the file and saw a lot of envelopes. Checking each one of their names, she saw 'Nightmares'. Opening the envelope in a swift, she read and absorbed the words slowly...

Taking slow steps towards her bed holding her bump with one hand and letter, on the other hand, she sat on the bed slowly.

As Rudra diverted his gaze to the laptop, he saw that she was sleeping peacefully with a paper beside her. There were pillows under her legs and his eyes were filled with tears...

¤¤¤

As Maya came inside breathing a bit heavily, she removed her mask and sanitized her hands as she had come back after a walk.

She saw that Rudra was sitting on the couch watching television. As the news played, she heard," A Pregnant Lady was brutally beaten until she bled. The reason is..."

"Merciless creatures!" She muttered as she heard the television being switched off. Our parents had always told us the importance of watching the news but look at the irony! It's scary and traumatizing.

As Maya switched the water kettle on, she pulled the chair and sat down for a few minutes. Keeping her head on the slab, she rested like a small child safeguarding her bump.

She heard him stuttering, " The Advocate... He ....had called ....me. He wants.... to see..... us!"

Placing her head above her hands, she spoke looking at the water which was boiling inside the kettle," Why is that for now? To accuse me more of being..."

She stopped and he shouted," Just stop it, Maya! Can't you just forget those? "

She couldn't get up swiftly as she wanted. But she took her time to walk close to hi. as her anger was boiling and dripping out," Are you feeling guilty? Hmm..?"

He kept silent and she shouted maintaining a distance between them," I have never forgotten anything nor will I forgive you for what you had done to me. From being friends to che! You just broke me wholly and no woman will forgive that.."

She accused him and warned him with her index finger while he just stayed mum without looking at her. As she went back to the stand, she picked a cup from the stand and asked in a milder tone," When is it?"

"Two-thirty.." Rudra mumbled and she hummed.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

As she sighed, she looked at her smartwatch and saw that it was 8:42. As she entered the study, the desk and the books were arranged in front of the board.

As she switched her laptop on, she saw that it was all cleaned. Maybe, Rudra might have done it since they had no servants. She was thankful but what he did was not forgivable. No woman would forgive such a man yet living her was mandatory because of a few legal papers.

It was until a few minutes that the online classes would continue. Since the schools and most of the institutions had closed down due to the increasing COVID-19 cases, the schools announced that the online classes would continue.

As the class started, she prayed and entered the code for the class for which she had to enter. Her table was more like a JEE or a NEET aspirant's table with so many guidrd and books which were open.

The students were happy to see their teacher back. She was teaching when the calling bell had rung. As Rudra knocked on the study, she said one minute in front of the camera and muted herself.