~ Her Third Skin ~

A/N: All the past are in Italics... So, this time, I have taken upon a social issue and I hope you understand it.

¤¤¤

Instead of helping the woman whom he knew and loved the most, he just ran away because of the fear which had encapsulated him. If Maya had lost her virginity that day, Rudra lost his mental health and everything that could happen when you see a woman getting rape in front of your eyes. That wasn't all! The guilt and the trust he broke, her cries and silence were an addition to the visuals he had seen.

¤¤¤¤

As Maya opened the study room, she switched the lights on before drawing the curtains. As she took the envelope from the table, she re-read it,

Hello Mumma,

Do you remember what day it is today? Today was the day you had received the first letter from me almost 6 months back?

Mumma, there are just a few more weeks until your possession would arrive in your arms. I am just speechless at all the efforts you took as a mother even when you hated it.

The memories and pain are traumatizing but living with the guilt and carrying it along, is something else. I just salute you for deciding to take care of the baby. I know you are not guilty of carrying the baby but living with a part of life that you want to forget can be haunting...

Mumma, I really adore you and love you without any bounds. I can't express the respect or other feelings I have for this mother. By the way, how are the kicks going on? Is the baby troubling you too much??

 How is your job going on? You said that you were applying for further studies. Is there any progress on that? The unintentional and unexpected baby will need your care and since you've accepted it whole-heartedly, I hope that no grudges will be held. I know that you have given me freedom so I was just asking you...

With Lots of Love,
Anonymous...

She smiled at the letter and placed the letter in her file which she had taken from her room before she entered the study... It all started after the horrendous past and even Rudra knew it. He also had been a witness to this.

Finding the address was something that kept her occupied after the incident. Since it was way before she opted for the case, both of them travelled from one corner to another to find this guy but it failed. 

Caressing the file in which the letters were kept, she opened the second letter which read,

"Hi Maya Jaisingh

I hope you are doing all well and don't try to find me because I am still watching you. I did watch you from our college days. I hope that provides a clue to one of the guys who stood behind you with a rose and got a broken heart instead.

How is everything going? Maya, I know your answer to this question. Life won't end after this disaster and you should recover yourself with everything you have.

This attempt is not an indication that you must stop yourself from doing everything you had done before. It's just a phase through which at least hundreds of girls/women undergo.