~ Together, Forever ~

It was late at night when Rudra and Maya were writing something hurriedly. With Maya sitting on one side and Rudra sitting on the other, Maya asked as her hands worked on the paper, " Did you complete it?"

"I have 9 more pages to complete Maya! Why did you have to drag me to this?" Rudra groaned as he complained.

"Oyi Hello! You are the one who hated your job and said that you wanted to pursue your PhD when I submitted my application form.." Rudra smiled sheepishly at her answer.

With their writing going on, their black coffees which were meant to be drunk when they were hot had turned cold. Cold coffee! Both of them had waited for the coffee to soothed their turn instead of burning them but when they were so into finishing their assignment, they had forgotten the cup. They hated a cold black coffee and it remained their untouched..

Keeping the pen on the table, Rudra stood up from his position and walked around. He needed a break as his wrist was paining. Looking at Maya who was completing his assignment, he took both of their cups. Since Rudra was walking without any home slippers, she neither knew when he had gone or had come back. 

After a few minutes when he came, he saw that she was cradling the crib which was placed at the corner of the room which was dark. She was swaying the crib as she watched the baby sleeping with his arm on either side like a star flaunting himself. With a  smile on his face as he watched them, he cleared his throat before he said," Coffee!"

She took it gratefully and stood up paving way for Rudra to sit on the chair which was kept near the cradle. As Maya sat on the chair, she felt sleep crouching into her eyes but these papers which lay in front of her was important. Sipping her coffee, she kept her hands on the table and she observed the one who was sleeping and the one who was watching.

She couldn't help but think of twelve months which had passed away too quickly... When he came inside her room after she had given birth, the way he held her baby and kept it safe inside his arms made her feel every feeling she could.

He was just like a dad to her baby who didn't know who his biological father was. His face was tear-stricken and all the moments thereafter proved to change both of their lives.

As she felt the creak of the chair, she looked at Rudra who sipped his coffee. There was complete silence until she spoke with a smile," He has grown very habitual of you!"

She remarked to which he said," He is mine right? Are you complaining?"

"Not at all!" She said as she sipped her coffee. She fiddled with her pen before she said," Have never been so grateful."

"Don't go emotional Maya... It's really awful to hear it from you.." He joked to which she smiled nodding her head. Taking a sip of their coffee, they heard the rain creating pit-patters and paths along with the way it could find on the window which wasn't far away..

When the drizzle gained its pace, she mumbled in a soft tone," Why are you still staying with me?"

"Huh?" Rudra didn't expect that question right now. He wanted to confirm whether she asked the same he had heard. He heard her ask again with more clarity," We are somewhere meant to part ways right? Why are you still staying here? You don't have to do this Rudra because of a reason which has already been erased.."

"I need Adarsh as mine! It's not a request, it's my right as his father if you consider me one." He spoke looking into her eyes which expected an anseer

What he said was true! From the day of his birth, she understood that Rudra had got a maternal instinct in him which made him so comfortable with the baby. She didn't know if it was the maternal instinct or the guilt but the way he handled the baby prooved that he was much more or rather way too good in handling the baby.