~ A Normal Day ~

▪ Here goes the First Shot of the Story▪

A/N: Events of the past are in Italics

▪▪▪

"So, I hope you are thorough with the extra sums which are present on the board. I hope you will redo it once you get home." Maya spoke through her mask while the other children said ' A Yes Mam' in different tones.

"Please solve this and show me the answer one by one."

Maya spoke as she closed the marker and kept it on the table. Sitting on the chair and stretching her calf muscles, she removed the mask off her nose. Feeling a bit tired, she closed her eyes for a few seconds.

She could hear the pages shuffling and the students talking. When it was increasing slowly, she tapped the marker on the table a few times before the noises stopped. As soon as she heard a 'Mam', she opened her eyes.

She saw the whole class in front of her bench in a line. As she opened her purse, she took the red pen but the line had spread and the students had stood separate surprising Maya.

A student had a small cake held out to her with a letter on it. She looked up in shock to initiate a student speaking,

"Thank you so much for teaching us during your pregnancy. From the first month till the 8 months, you have taught us online and offline and we can't thank you enough. You are one of the best teachers and you will be one of the best mothers too.."

The boys had arranged the table to keep the cake while another girl was clicking the photos.

"Guys, if the principal knows she will kill me for this.." Maya tried to speak in a bit angry tone only to have told that Mam had allowed it. Maya had got emotional on seeing the chocolate cake with pink and blue socks.

With her eyes turning blurry, she looked at everyone, where each one of them were excited. As a girl came forward, she placed a sash around her as 'Best Mother' to which Maya hugged the girl.

Rubbing her back, there were a lot of hoots and claps which surrounded her. Retreating from the hug, she asked them to keep a bit quiet as other classes were going on. 

"Thank you so much for all this. I can't believe that you did these for me and I thank each one of you. God Bless you.." Maya spoke and she was handed a knife.

Even when she had asked them to maintain a safe distance between themselves, the students were busy celebrating with their teacher.

With the photos clicking simultaneously,  she fed every student one by one for the surprise they all had given her. She had got a card from the children's side which had their wishes for her and the child who was nurturing inside her.

As the bell rang, she folded her sash and kept it inside her bag. As she asked them to arrange the class, she also helped in cleaning the table where small pieces of the cake had been spread.

Thanking them once again, she walked out of the classroom to enter her staff room. Looking for her schedule, she noticed that she didn't have any substitutions which made her sigh in relief.

Every teacher was chatting with each other, correcting their paper, and doing other works. Maya was also speaking until a friend of hers gave a card that surprised her.

"What was the need for these guys?" Maya asked while the other teacher said," This is from our side.  We all have put in efforts to arrange this and don't worry, we will maintain all the safety protocols.."

She smiled and caressed the Baby Shower invitation under her fingers. It looked cute and she felt very happy that her friends were organising one for her.