Chapter 20: Torn Mask

Start from the beginning

"Thanks"

"Hi! How are you there?" Lily started her videocall and sat on the table.
"I'm good.. it's all good"
"Did you see kimi??" Lily's dad suddenly asks.
She laughs. "Unfortunately no.. but hopefully next time" Charles was actually listening to the call.
"So what are your plans now?" Her mom asked.
"Hmm right now I'm in Monaco"
"How'd you get there"
"Uhm.." she hasn't thought things through now she can't think of a lie.
"Uhh.. hello Mr and Mrs Cruz. I'm Charles.. Charles Leclerc" Charles suddenly pops on the screen.
"Actually Sir.. Lily will be staying with me so she could get used to her job. We are processing the papers and she will probably go back there before the next race"
"Ohh.. is that so" they hear her mom and dad whispering and talking to each other.
Lily gave a smile to Charles and mouthed "thank you"
"Well then.. we'll leave it to your hands. Take care of her.. will you" her dad says. He gives them a big smile and nodded
"Yes sir will do"

The call ends and Lily slaps Charles arm lightly.
"You didn't have to do that but thank you" she chuckles.

"You can use my phone for now.. We'll get you a new one tomorrow"

"Hey Charles. Do you watch youtube?"
"Sometimes. Why?"
"Nothing" she hides her laugh.
"Why why" he asks.
"Look look" she plays a vid of him.
"Are those compilations" he asks
"Yes" she was laughing so much that he just savored the moments.
"It is a great vid for a good laugh"
"At least you're having fun" Charles said as he was setting up his simulator.

"So.. this is the veryy veryy expensive simulator" she states.
"Pretty much.. do you want to try?" He asked.
"Ohhh noo.. I'm bad at them." She scoffs at the thought
"But you like karting right?" He lightly pushes her to try and do one lap.
"Come.. just 3 laps.. okayy just one lap" Charles was giving her the puppy eyes.
"Fineee.. but I'm telling you I'm terrible" she sits down and he tells her which ones to use. She didn't quite get everything but what the hell she thought. It's a one time experience so.
After one lap.
"Seee you're not so bad. You just need practice mon chou" he says with such a smile.
"But you have a console right?" She suddenly asks.
"Yeah here" her eyes widens. "Whooaa that's nice"
"You play?"
"Ahh yeah sometimes.. more on the playstation 2 though"
"We can play together I have two controllers"
"Maybe next time" she smiles
"You can practice now.. I won't disturb you anymoree" She pushes him lightly to his seat and closed the door.

He has been practicing for some time now and Lily then decided to make lunch.

Charles stopped for a while and heard some song outside. He quietly opens his door and hear Lily singing out to a song.

"I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel. I'm cold and I am shamed. Lying naked on the floor..
Illusion never changed into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You're a little late.. I'm already to—"

When her eyes saw Charles she instantly paused.

"You have a very nice voice" Charles said in awe.
She gulped in nervousness. "I thought you were still training" "I just stopped for a while" he gives out a smile.

"Uhm.. do you eat shawarma? Because that's what I'm making" she changes the topic.
"Ahh yeah i do.." he walks to her and helps her wrap the chicken and together they sat down and ate.

"What can you not do" Charles asks as he compliments the food she made.
"Lots and lots of things" she laughs.
"But really how can you know so much"
"Because I had to." She smiles for a bit then it turns into a sigh.
"I've always been into art stuff.. Dancing, singing, decorating, painting, sewing.. you name it I've almost tried everything I wanted but.."
"But..?"
"But we're not from a privileged family.. so I had to be practical. I had to graduate on time. Pick a course that would give a stable job. Ended up doing health care customer service then freelance.. then to the online finance consultant" she suddenly opens up.
"You're amazing honestly.. we're only what 20-23.. and yet you've already gone through a lot" Charles was so enamored by her adventure in life.
"You're not so bad yourself though.. 22 at Scuderia Ferrari. Racing for Formula1. I am kinda jealous you got to do what you wanted"

"But you can still chase your dreams ma chère"
"Oh! I know that one. You have to teach me some french if we're going to spend lots of times together" she says.

🧩🧩🧩🧩

I'll be updating daily again 😂 just took a break because of my birthday. 💚

How you liking the Charles' side so far? ❤️