Fire

One Autumn evening, a few teenaged boys met up together at the late hour of the night. They decided to hang out at a rooftop of a building, so they could see the beautiful sky, full of stars, the bright new moon that shone enough light to light up the entire street. They all sat on the railings at the rooftop, talking about everything and nothing, when suddenly one of them give out the idea of creating a small and safe fire on the rooftop for some fresh s'more. All of them, being foolish and not giving it much thought, agreed to the so very amazing idea. They planned that two of them would go get the required food for the s'more, while one of them would go and gather stones for their little fire, and one would stay on the rooftop to make sure no one would be coming upstairs anytime soon.

So the boys went to complete their duties. After all of them were back, they started making a small square with the stones they've collected, and put some leaves and tiny pieces of broken tree branches on the middle, then they took a lighter and started the fire. They watched in awe as the spark from the lighter put a fire on the leaves, the fire slowly grew bigger and caught all the leaves and tree branches on fire. Everything went well. Every so often there would be a gush of wind pushing the fire on one direction and almost putting it out, but thankfully the fire didn't die out. They made their s'more and laughed and joked about life. They truly were having a great time. 

Unfortunately all good things come to an end, the great time that the boys were having soon turned into one of the most terrifying life and death situation that all of them have ever experienced. The fire got a little too big and caught fire onto one of their jackets. While they struggled to get the lit jacket of off their friend, the fire caught on the many leaves that layed about on the roof and it got bigger and bigger. The fire got so large that it let out a loud crackle causing the poor boys to shake with fright. As the fire spread on almost all of the rooftop, the boys quickly jumped off the rooftop to a tree nearby, there they slowly climbed down the tree. They stood there and watched as the fire grew more and spread all through out the building slowly but very quickly. The orange flame crackled and grew and engulfed half of the building. Firefighters arrived and started putting out the fire while a few of them went in to save the people who were trapped inside the hot and damaged building. The boys slowly walked away from the house, pretending as if they never started a fire, as if they hadn't just jumped from a three storey building. As if they hadn't nearly lost their lives for their foolish choices.

-------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thank you for reading this short text and I am really very sorry in advance if there are grammatical errors, if you do find a mistake, please let me know.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts, I'm looking forward to reading the comments!