29. Hamburger Helper

Start from the beginning

"I don't know what you want me to say. I am here because I have to be, I have tried to leave but your sons are very... adamant. If you are trying to tell me something, I rather you just spit it out." I signed quickly.

His lips twitched, "I see, and what you do want from them? Money?" His right eyebrow lifted.

"No thanks. I have plenty of that on my own especially now. I'm getting Nolan's money." I cracked my neck.

"Nolan? Not father?" He narrowed his eyes.

Fuck.

"I said Nolan because that's his name. You didn't know him so even if I say father will it matter?" I defended myself.

He leaned back, "Why do you look familiar? And I don't want a stupid excuse."

My lips pursed on their own, "I don't know. I didn't even know you were alive so I can't say that we have met." I shrugged.

Erebus clicked his tongue, "You see Euterpe, there is something that you are holding back on. I'm not going to search because everyone is entitled to their own secrets but I will ask. Is this secret of yours going to hurt my sons?" His tone held a warning in it, like if he was daring me. 

"No, I don't believe so but we can't know for sure until it's out now can we?"

A sound of disapproval came from him, "Euterpe, I meant what I said. If it doesn't hurt them I will keep to myself because it's your business. However, if I find your secret a threat I will get it out of you one way or another." He warned.

I huffed, "Honestly, it might hurt them depending on exactly how it comes out. But you're right, I'll do everything in my power to make sure they don't figure it out until I am allowed to leave. Deal?" I asked patiently.

He took a second to think, "Alright, I can agree to that. I do hope you have the skill set needed to keep your secret. My boys tend to figure things out without really trying to. I have no problem with you Euterpe, I understand your brothers have set rules for you so as long as you follow them I'll stay out of your way. Rydge is your guardian and I will not step on his orders unless I believe I have to." He smiled pleased.

"Why are you so... different?" My eyes narrowed.

He chuckled, "I am a man who believes in family, it may be otherwise argued by people who do not know me but here we are. My attitude will change in front of others but this is my home, I have no need to act indifferently when no one is around. I hope we get along for the sake of your brothers." He smiled widen a bit, "You can go now, if it took any longer I'm sure there'd be chaos, hm?" His eyes crinkled.

I stood up, "One day I'll need your help, I hope you offer it." I signed before walking out.

Now, where are those idiots?

I walked into the kitchen to see hell.

Literal hell.

Okay, an exaggeration but there's food all over the counters and sticky stuff on the floor.

"Oh! Euterpe! I wanted to make more muffins but the others won't help!" Axton pouted.

Braxton scoffed, "We are not allowed to use the kitchen for a reason, Axton. You know Thorn is going to be absolutely pissed when he comes in here. And no, none of us are going to help you." He sneered.

"This is so funny," Aug grinned eating skittles.

"I won't help but you're supposed to mix that." Milo pointed out.