"No guy's eyes are going to be on my baby sister or I'll scoop them out and serve it with their dismembered dick."

Andrea patted my chest and said patronizingly, "Sure, overprotective brother. She is going to stay a nun for her whole life-"

"Absolutely."

"My brother said the same thing. Should I also become a nun?" She mocked.

There was no winning with her. We were finally ready so we got into the car. I tried to hold her hand but she swatted it away.

"What happened?"

"You have been annoying me since we got up-"

"-After having sex."

She looked very pissed now and seemed as if she was going to tear her hair off. "Arrghh! You are not touching me unless you stop with your stupid comments."

She moved closer to the window and away from me. She completely ignored me the whole ride.

As we reached the mansion, there were paparazzi outside, so I got out first and held my hand out for her. She took it quietly and smiled for the camera. As we neared the gate, I said, "I'm sorry, Rhea, don't give me the silent treatment."

"Quit the whining. It doesn't look attractive on you."

"So you think I'm attractive?" She raised her eyebrow and I gave her a lopsided smile.

"I'll be quiet, just like a mannequin."

"Love your simile but we will see later after the party." She walked away and I was left looking after her.

I walked up to my friends and my brother. "What happened?"

"Trouble in paradise. I heard them fighting." Lincoln piped in and I glared at him.

"Nothing serious. She's just pissed by my sexual jokes and teasing."

The lights dimmed and it focussed on the stairs. Echo walked down in a silver gown. My little sister looked so pretty, a few years ago she was trying to feed me her special mud pies and now she was a grown woman.

Linc and I stood at the bottom of the stairs. She took both of our hands.

"Happy birthday, sis." I wished her.

"Happy birthday, after the party I'm going to give you birthday bombs. So be ready for it." This was Linc's response.

"Hey, this is my job to hold her hand," Dad said.

"Suck it, dad. Her brothers are more important to her, especially her younger one who stays with her and not the older fucktard who moved out. At 28, I might say."

"Just be glad that mom isn't near hearing you cursing, or you'll have to do the dishes." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Come on. You both can fight later. I want to cut the cake."

We walked to the centre of the room where the cake was placed. I took a place beside Rhea as the cake was cut. She was still not responding to me.

After a few minutes of celebration and mingling with the guests, I saw Rhea slinking out the room towards the balcony. I walked after she ignored the person I was talking to and any person I bumped into on my way.

"Rhea... Just talk to me. What is-"

She abruptly turned towards me and screamed, "JUST SHUT UP LUCAS!"

I grabbed her hand as she tried to walk away. "What's the matter, Andrea? You don't get this pissed just because of a bit of teasing."

She turned away from me and leaned against the railing. "I-"

Her voice broke, "I- I'm sorry. One of my biggest clients has given a very short deadline. If I'm unable to complete it on time the company's name will be ruined."

It seemed as if she was lying but I dismissed it as a company secret which I respected. I turned her and held her in my arms. She placed her head in the crook of my neck and tightly hugged me while sobbing.

As her whimpers quieted down, she looked at me with teary eyes. "I'm so sorry. I should have taken out my stress on you."

I cupped her face with my hands and told her, "I will not poke my nose into your business, but if you ever need my help I'll always be there. I'll arrange workers and designers if you need them. And this isn't only about work, if you need me for the tiniest of things, I'll always be there beside you."

She started crying again while I whispered sweet words and reassurances in her eye. When she finally stopped crying, I asked her, "What do you think about watching a movie on Netflix snuggled into the blankets and sipping a cup of hot chocolate?"

~~~~~

I have no idea what to write for today's author's note. So...

How did you like this chapter? Would you like the pics of the outfits?

~~~~~