Chapter 9

~~~~~

~~~~~

CHAPTER NINE

~~~~~

Lucas's POV

She pecked my cheek and rushed away to the safety of her car leaving the papers in my hand. I lifted my hand to my cheek to feel whether what transpired was real or not. I could still feel the tingling sensation on my cheek.

I was feeling at the top of the world now, Andrea Mathews kissed me, that too, of her own volition. I still did not know that why she proposed to marry me, but I was just grateful. I also got back from the company.

Shit! That reminded me that I still needed to check the papers that she handed me. I would never sign a paper again without checking it first. I had got a teaching that I would remember my entire life.

I had driven myself here so I got into the driver's seat and speeded to home. As soon as I parked my car, I jumped out and dashed to my office, ignoring my mother's and my siblings' inquisitive looks.

I sat on my chair and immediately pulled out my papers and thoroughly checked them. She was not lying at all. She had handed over the company back to me along with any profits she earned in the past few days through Rivera Industries. I was about to sign my part when my mother barged into the room.

"What happened now? I cannot understand anything between you and Andrea? A few years ago, you threatened to marry her but she didn't. Then she came back for revenge and took over Rivera Industries. Now, in a few days, I'm hearing that you two are getting married in two weeks, that too from the news and not from my son. I never understand you, my child. But one thing you need to know, I should be the first one to be informed of the news."

"Mom, mom, calm down. Everything is sorted now. I will get freshened up now. I will come down in few minutes and explain you and Dad everything."

"I expect all the details, even the minor ones, or you be doing the dishes daily at night." With that, she closed the door and left the office.

When I reached down, everyone was sitting at the dining table waiting for me. "Good evening mom, dad, Echo. What's up brat?

He promptly flipped me the bird when mom was not looking. He always hated me calling him a brat. It was so fun to see him riled up.

The food was served in front of us. No one was speaking a word so I finally broke the silence. "So.." I drawled. "Am I the gossip of this family?"

"You are the only one whose life is full of drama." Lincoln snorted. I also saw mom and Echo trying to hide their laughter.