Chapter 1

~CHAPTER ONE~

~CHAPTER ONE~

~~~~~

Andrea's POV

I was sitting in my cabin getting super bored. I decided to check my social media, the moment I logged in I had to see his face, Lucas Rivera's face. What bad karma did I do in my past life to see his stupid face?  I thought.

I remember I was 15 years old when my father was facing a lot of problems. The owner of Rivera Industries wanted to acquire my father's company because my father had taken a loan of 50 millions from him and couldn't pay back. When his father retired and made his son the CEO at such young age, he wanted the money back but my father didn't have so much money. Lucas Rivera said if he couldn't pay back he'll have to give me in his hands. Yes, what I mean is Lucas Rivera wanted my hand for marriage.

Obviously I didn't agree and dad too, we were in no state to pay back and I was so small at that time. So he filed a case against us, we lost the case and even our property to them.

We had nothing. We didn't have food to eat, shelter to live, clothes to wear, no bank balance for god sake to reach our needs and he didn't even show an inch of humanity. By God's grace my mom's best friend Aunt Victoria invited us to there home . No one was ready to give a job to my father as the biggest company in California has acquired father's company. He was jobless for 3 freaking months. We were so embarrassed to live in someone else house doing nothing!

One day, Sarah (my mom's best friend's daughter) and I were painting. I, at that age, loved jewelry a lot and was always drawing different types of designs while Sarah used to draw pretty girls with such a beautiful dresses. My mom and her mom saw it. Both were impressed by our drawings and called us to have a conversation.

When Sarah and I went to the living room, Aunt Victoria and mom looked at each other and asked, "My cute little munchkins, what are your dreams?" 

Sarah said, "I want to be a fashion designer." 

I replied "I wanted to become a jeweler and jewelry designer."

Both of them grinned like kids and said, "Then let's make your dream come true." We being kids giggled and followed them. Never did we know, that day would change our entire life.

From that day, Sarah and I  used to paint them and Mom used to design the jewelry and Aunt used to design the dress that Sarah painted. On mine and Sarah's birthday there was a party arranged. My mom and aunt intentionally put those designed clothes and jewelry in the living room as Aunt Victoria knew all the guests would be business women and men.

Two of the guests were a famous jeweler and fashion designer. They liked our work so much that they hired us. We got funds and we were fortunately lucky that at the age of 18, Sarah and I created our own company named 'Elegant Essence'. After our company was established and was successful, dad launched a cosmetics company along with Uncle John (Sarah's father) and by the grace of God today we are one of the richest families in California.