eight

The rest of school past without incident. Except for Ned trying to get somebody to check the suspicious mole on his back. Which we all promptly refused. After the last bell, Peter and I walked out to the car park. "Happy's picking us up," He told me.

"Oh my God. Happy Hogan?" I laughed. "I haven't seen him in ages."

"He's the one that gets the earful when you're dad goes on rants," Peter said playfully. "So he's all caught up on you."

A limousine pulled up in front of the school gates just as Peter spoke. Everybody in the car's mile radius turned to gape. "Hey.. weren't we supposed to be undercover?" Peter whispered, glancing around cautiously.

"Eh. Didn't like this school too much anyway," I said and grabbed his hand, half-running to the limo. "Happy!" I grinned, yanking open the door and sticking my face in. Peter gave me a push from behind and I tumbled onto the seat.

Happy turned around. "Maze Stark," he narrowed his eyes, but I could see the corner of his lips twitching. "I've been hearing about what you've been getting up to."

"Oh I'm sure," I said, leaning forward to rest my chin on the back of Happy's seat. "Miss me?"

"Everyday," he replied. "Put your seatbelts on."

The limo arrived at Stark Tower in no time. Happy lead Peter and I out of the garage and into the elevator. I stared longingly at my dad's collection of convertibles, specifically, his custom-made green Tesla. "You think he'd be mad if I stole it?" I asked Happy.

"Extremely," Happy said, "Now hurry. I'm late for the farmer's market."

My eyes lit up. "Can I come?"

He studied me carefully, perhaps for ulterior motives. "Oh please," I scoffed. "I'm not going to blow up a market. Please Happy? I'll buy you some blackberry jam."

"You have a deal, Miss Stark," Happy beamed.
"Can I come too?" Peter asked eagerly.

"I'm afraid not. Your Aunt says she wants you over for dinner," He said, pressing a button on the elevator. Peter and I exchanged glances. "You been talking to her often, have you?" Peter narrowed his eyes at Happy, whose ears went very pink.

"W-well we need to discuss your advancement in both school and being part of the Avengers.." Happy spluttered.

"Right.. right.." Peter muttered, keeping a firm glare on the chauffeur.

Luckily for Happy, the elevator doors slid open on the same level we had been on yesterday. It was nice to be in it by choice.

But once again, nearly every single Avenger sat in the room, watching me expectantly. Some raised a friendly hand while others seemed to be on guard.

The two Wakandians, Tabia and Shuri, seated beside Bruce while another man, beamed up at me from the couch.

"Scott!" I yelled, running towards him. He stood up just in time as I slammed into his body. Scott laughed, patting me on the back. "Nice to see you too, kid."

"How's Cassie?" I smiled widely and pulled back to face him.

"Good. Growing." Scott answered, ruffling my hair affectionately. "So what's this about you becoming a supervillain?"

I snorted. "Please. You think Cap would let me live?"

"I'm still considering it," Steve said from his standing position next to my glowering father. I rolled my eyes and squeezed on the sofa beside Scott.

"Where have you been for the last few..conferences?" I asked.

"Hank needed me for a couple of days. But I'm back and ready to arrest you at any given moment," He teased, giving my shoulder a small squeeze.