six

I raised a hand sheepishly, yanking myself from Nat and Peter's hold. "Sup?" I said weakly.

"Ah, there she is. My daughter. My light. The apple of my eye," My dad said sarcastically from his seat.
I squinted at him. "How's it going, old man?"

The entire room erupted into yelling. Tony was griping about the 'old man' quip while the rest of the Avengers' words were jumbled, but I managed to catch a few common phrases including 'you gave the tesseract to Loki?' 'what on on earth were you thinking?' and 'You look starving. Are you getting enough to eat these days?'

"Enough!" Steve barked over the commotion. Everybody fell silent. "There's no point in living in the past. Did Loki tell you where he was going with the tesseract?" His blue eyes bore through mine sternly.

But I couldn't concentrate and what he as saying, choosing, instead, to stare at the growing whiskers on his chin and cheeks. "Nice beard, Cap. Hey, when puberty hits, that thing will really grow in," I grinned.

"I'm old enough to be your great grandad, kid," he replied, then studied me carefully. "Did he force it off you? Or threaten you at all?"

"No," I huffed. "Guys. Loki's changed. I swear it. He isn't going to.. you know, possess Clint again or whatever."

Clint grimaced from his seat on the couch. "If he does come back, it's every man for himself. I'm volunteering Bruce this time."

"Yeah, maybe he'll actually take a useful Avenger," I tilted my head. Bruce poorly covered up his laughter as a sneeze.

"Listen, Maze. We have to get Loki back here so we can negotiate something for the tesseract," Doctor Strange said. "In the wrong hands, it can power invincible weapons and is not safe within humanity."

"My brother will never return the cube now that he has it," Thor said. "He has most likely attempted taking over a planet by now." He paced nervously up and down the living room. "I must leave immediately and track him down."

"Wait, Thor," I stuck out a hand as Thor began swinging his hammer. "This is my screw-up. Isn't there any other way...?"

"Do not worry, mortal child," Thor smiled. A wave of guilt hit at full force. Despite everything, Thor never changed. "I may even seek the help of that alien girl.. what's her name? Carol something or other?"

"Danvers," I corrected.

"Right. Well, I'll find her and we'll track my snake brother together," Thor pat the top of my head affectionately, like somebody would a puppy, and swung his hammer at full force. He levitated off the ground and flew through the glass wall, disappearing into the sky.

"Does nobody know how to take a door?" Tony grumbled. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, clean this up, please."

Immediately, tiny robots, only about five inches tall, came zooming in from god knows where and scooping up the shards of glass with their pincher hands and tucking them into their small pouches.

"That's adorable," A girl laughed from the corner.

I hadn't noticed her this entire time. She was completely unfamiliar and stood next to another girl who I also didn't recognise.

They were both rather small, with glowing dark skin and full lips. The girl who had spoken wore a futuristic white dress, her hair box-braided and in two buns. The woman beside her had wavy black hair to her waist, which was embedded with dozens of golden rings. A crystal necklace hung around her neck and she wore a sheer lace shirt with a brassiere top underneath, a light blue skirt that went up to her ankles. It was floral and layered, sitting loosely on her curvy hips. Both girls, in my opinion, were rather beautiful.