Y/n: 'Shit!'

Connie: Samuel!

My head snapped to my left to see him unconscious and freefalling-Sasha dove after him, using one of the ODM's hooks to suspend him midair. Eren gasped, catching my attention. There was a fucking hole in the wall. Just like five years ago.

Y/n: 'These assholes are doing it again. I'm just hoping Annie isn't involved this time.'

Connie: They're gonna get in!

My only window to stop Eren from getting killed was a slim one.

Eren: This is it, people! Do or die! Mounted Cannon squad 4, take out the Colossal Titan! Don't let it slip away!

He blasted off.

Y/n: Eren, no!

I took off after him. He landed on the wall with me right behind him. Bertholdt eyed us closely.

Eren: You. It's been a while.

Tybur: 'We need to make sure he doesn't get himself killed.'

Y/n: 'I understand, but does Bertholdt recognize us?'

Tybur: 'He does. But don't think he'll be merciful.'

Y/n: 'Right.'

Eren and I rushed the Colossal as it cocked back its arm to swing.

Y/n: Eren, jump!

We jumped as the huge arm swept the entire top of the wall, taking out numerous cannons. We jumped off the wall, attaching our hooks to the Colossal's back.

Eren: He took out the cannons!

Y/n: I see that!

Eren: This means he took out the gate on purpose!

Y/n: 'What are they trying to accomplish this time?'

Eren: Y/n, that means this thing has intelligence!

The Colossal reached for Eren as he said that, causing Eren to maneuver around the titan's large fingers.

Y/n: All the more reason not to waste this! We take him out, and the other titans are no issue!

Eren & Y/n: Let's take him down!

We both ran up its arm in unison, using our gear to get closer to its nape. Just as we were about to go for the kill, I got a warning.

Tybur: 'Stay back! He'll burn you!'

Y/n: Eren, wait!

He didn't hear me and kept charging. A cloud of steaming gas sprang forth from its body. All I heard was a scream that I thought was from pain.

Y/n: Eren!

It was a battle cry, and as it ended, I saw Eren slice the smoke in half. The Colossal was gone.

Eren: What the-!? Did he just vanish into thin air?

Y/n: 'Where did you go, Bert?'

Thomas: Hey, Guys! Did he get away, or did you take him out?

Eren: He disappeared, just like he did five years ago.

We got to the top of the wall to catch our breath.

Eren: I'm sorry-

Connie: Hey! We can cry about it later! Right now, we've got a breach in the wall to take care of! Once they start pouring in, that's it!

Just then, an elite Garrison soldier came to debrief us.

Elite Garrison Soldier: Look alive, Operation Colossal Titan Response is in effect. I expect you to take part! Report to HQ! If you got close to that damned thing, we need details!