{ three } revenge is unsatisfying

Start from the beginning

       "The Survey Corps will likely come after you. They clearly have odd ways of inducting soldiers into their Regiment," The voice began. "There are three things I'll have you do for me. First, you'll obtain a document which is in the possession of Erwin Smith. Secondly, the newest soldier they have, Faith, I want all the information Smith has on—whatever that thing is," The man continued, his tone was gruff and malicious as he spoke. "Those papers that he must have on it are most likely in Erwin's grasp as well, find those and kill the pest of a soldier."

       "Faith," Isabel interrupted before the man could continue explaining their job. "But they're supposed to be strong! You're just sending us out to get killed!"

       "Faith was taken in by the Survey Regiment under unknown, most likely illegal, conditions," The man answered. "I want to know what they were, and who Faith really is. Since that thing was brought in just over a year ago, they must have little to no trust in each other as a result of its less-than-normal entrance. We will first exploit that by ambushing them with a few men once the targets arrive, which will also push suspicion off of your back for the time being. If Faith doesn't die during that attack, it's up to you three to finish the job."

       "And the third request?" Furlan asked as Isabel huffed in concern for the safety of the two closest people in her life.

      "Lastly, to kill the Survey Corps' Squad Leader, Erwin Smith. Those are your jobs. Be sure to put up a little resistance when they arrive." The voice finished.

      "How can we take a job when we don't even know your name?" Furlan asked after the job order was processed into the trio's minds.

      "Nicholas Lobov is my name. I expect good things from this job." The man told them as the older, uptight, man from before closed his carriage door for Lobov and followed behind on horseback as they left.

       Isabel and Furlan followed Levi as he retreated down the stairs, all three of them reviewing the orders they just received moments ago as they descended back into the only city they've ever known.

      "Levi-bro," Isabel began, trying to get a read on his thoughts.

      "Carry on as normal." Levi replied sternly.

      "But we're doing this, right?" Furlan questioned.

      "If they appear like he said they would, we'll start the job."

      This could be their way out. This job could take them out of the shit hole and live real lives on the surface, with real light and good food. This really could be their way out.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      "There they are! Someone call the Military Police!"

      "Yahoo!" Isabel cheered as she twisted her body in the air, the dull breeze rushing past her face. Her, Levi and Furlan flew over the city with their Omni-directional mobility gear. Protests from the merchants could be heard as they knew that meant someone was getting bested tonight.

      "Levi! They're here!" Furlan shouted, capturing Levi's attention from his position in front of the other two. "The pursuers!"