Chapter 21: The first meeting

(Junang’s POV)

It all happened three years back!

In one cold and gloomy winter morning, the international airport of Incheon, one of the busiest airport in the world, was being flooded by the beaming light of the sunrise over the horizon. The warmth of the Sun was reflecting on the foggy glass windows.

There are long queues in the departure where people are waiting for someone to arrive or those who already have arrived.

Many were waiting impatiently for their belongings. Many were browsing through the unknown faces to meet one known face. Security checking was running on and some are waiting at the lounge.

Now, sitting on a connected steel chair, I’m restlessly waiting for my domestic flight to Daegu. My eyes were closed with the earphones on, I was trying to subdue my phobia around a crowded place.

  “You want coffee?” I was pushed by my mate Nam, the leader of our boy band.

I opened my eyes and nervously scanned the crowded area, “Yeah, a cup of coffee would be just fine”.

Nam always hands me a cup of coffee when he gets one for himself. I don’t complain. He is not only my senior but one of the loveliest person I have ever come across. He is supportive, considerate, friendly and most importantly my guide to the journey of music world.

As I removed my earphones, a stilly, tongue-tied crying noise buzzed in my ears. I pictured of an irritating kid with running nose and the smear of tears on the unmoistured cheeks, must vexing his parents to buy him a toy or something.

I loathe human kids to the extreme, avoid as much as possible. Its not something I’m proud of but I’m a square one in that area.

I immediately stood up, grabbed my phone and aimed to move to a distant seat.

To complete the picture conceding how ugly the kid must be looking like, I turned to take a peek but to my surprise, there was no kid even at the furthest.

There was a young girl, sitting across me with two huge trolley and a bag on her lap. Looking at her phone, she was constantly wiping her tears which seemed to bubble up every time she blinked.

Judging by her casual attire, the unsophisticated and simple look on her face and the way she had held her phone close to her chest and crying over, it wasn’t too difficult to realise she is a college student, going to study abroad, leaving parents behind.

Her colour complexion, small nose, big eyes, fluffy cheeks gave me a vivid idea she is an Asian!

Her untied unruly shoulder length straight hair defined her lack of interest in grooming herself in a proper manner.
Her heart shaped pouty lips with no shades of colour indicate she hasn’t been in a relationship for a very long time and definitely not intending to get into one soon.

My restrained attitude never really bothers into other people’s business, neither I permit my heart sway easily.

But as they say, it happens once; only once.

I liked her frame and her depressed face.

The most striking feature of her face was her warm and welcoming brown eyes which can bring dead back alive.

She gave me an instant euphoric feeling. A strange emotion of knowing someone from the beginning of mankind; a separated part of mine had been inoculated in her since the birth and I’m being drawn like a lunatic. I felt a sudden urge of being vaccinated by a drug; a drug in human form.

A sense of belongingness, they say. I felt that. And I desired if she could feel the same. And funnily enough, I don’t even know her name.

She seemed a loner. I wanted to be the only star in her lonely night.