Chapter 14: Her agony

**Her agony**

‘You can’t do this to me, Junang’, June screamed at the top of her lungs and begged earnestly in her thought, ‘stop playing with my mind’.

Unable to make an effort to control her reactions to the text Junang had sent her hours ago, June lied down on her stomach and kept scrolling her phone.

  ‘You have lovely eyes, Miss June’. She ran her fingers on the screen and giggled coyly, “You must not give me hope, you fool”!

June rolled on her back and rested her body comfortably over pillows. She had been dominating a surging urge about returning him a text.

‘I can’t believe I had dined with you today, Junang’

Nope!

‘You looked like an Angel as always, even without make up you looked marvellous’.

Nope!

‘Thank you. You too have beautiful eyes, sir’

Naahh!

‘You are my super star. I love you.’

No bloody way!

--

Distraction was never an option for her. She had worked tirelessly her whole life to come to this position. All she had ever worshipped, was her work.

Now she has begun to tremble; regularity has come to a halt. Her whole world had shrunk to one stage where she aspired to touch a dream which was going to cost her everything.

Junang was a virtual stranger for her. Any kind of submission to him would either grant her an unforgettable experience or pave a way down to the hell.

June knew she had least control over what she thinks or how she acts; her reaction would voluntarily go against her conventional wisdom anyway.

--

How often a fan pampers a possibility of meeting her idol?

Everyday!

How easy it is for them to surrender?

How difficult it is not to?

Can a fan love an idol beyond the sanity?

So what happens when the virtual world meets the real world?

June flapped her hair while trying to remember when the last time she had brushed her hair. Was it too messy when Junang was standing before her?

She pictured hundred times how his shaven skin brushed her skin when he kissed. He smelt like cookies fresh out of oven. It was refreshing and intoxicating. This was probably the closest physical interaction she had with a guy.

But what made him act so unprofessional? Is that a celebrity thing or a man thing or she did indeed rub things wrong way?

She collapsed on the bed, twisted her body and confronted herself whether she really was prepared to go with the flow and embrace the inevitable or she had the strength to resist the irresistible?

--

The next morning the Square boys spent fair amount of time at the rehearsal room, which happens to be the conference room as well, a coverage of approx. two thousand people can gather there and sit comfortably.

There was one private security coded adjacent dressing room. A huge projector at the back of the stage that are used by scientists during conferences.

“Doesn’t Junang seem distracted? Is he looking for something”?, Avantika exhibited her concern for Junang who indeed had lost his focus during rehearsal.

“Or for someone…”, Dae-min mumbled inwardly.

“Could you please ask him if he requires anything”, Avantika pleaded to Dae-min.

“Ignore that. He will figure it out.” Dae-min told comfortably while strolling around the room.

Few people attended the room for decoration during their rehearsal. Bridget, Dae-min and Avantika didn’t leave the room even for a moment. They have been clinking and rooting for the team and capturing photos the whole time.

It was nothing less than a dream for them to witness the boys in flesh. A week ago, they were beyond reach. At present, they were just few metres away. The overflow of joy and excitement was so much more to contain.

“I can’t believe June missed this. Watching Junang rehearsing, you know.”, Avantika whispered the last part into Dae-min’s ears.

“Where is she anyway”? Dae-min enquired.

“In lab, as always”! Bridget shrugged her shoulder.

--

After the lunch The Square boys returned their room and were going through packing. They were scheduled to leave next day early morning.

Nam collapsed in the chair and announced, “Ayye I had a great time. Different but great. These people are brilliant. J was right, these guys are the real people.”

Bsong added, “Specially that girl! June! She is a real brainy. I heard she is an active member of the Mars project.”

“Yet she is so humble. And her eyes, ohh Man…spoke thousands of untold stories.”, Nam twisted his body and rolled on his back on the sofa.

“She has a flawless skin. Without make up she is at least 7” Bsong winced.

“With that eye-catching dignified personality, she would score a clear 9” Nam imposed.

Max and Junang were listening to their humorous conversation attentively.

Max had a smirk in the corner on his lips. A smirk that notified them about his acknowledgement of the girl a little more than others.

Nam straightened his back and looked at Max accusingly and stated, “What that smirk is all about, Maxii?”

Max withdrew his face and extended his hands to grab a water bottle.

Bsong furthered the query, “I have noticed that too. Yesterday you seemed awfully interested in her. You were gathering info’s. What’s the deal here, Maxii?

Max held his arms up above his head and twisted his body. He was seemingly avoiding the question, “I don’t know what you guys are talking about”. His easy reaction just triggered their curiosity.

Both of them tiptoed gingerly and threw themselves at  Max which caused him cramp in his stomach. He let out a gasp in pain, “off you both! That hurts!”

Nam pulled himself off Max and asked, “Are you seeing her? Tell us now… how long?”

Max tried to escape from his fold and panted, "You are poking the wrong guy…fuckkk… leave me.. I can’t breath.”

Nam and Bsong both exchanged their glances in confusion. Registering what Max meant by ‘the wrong guy’, they drew their eyes at Junang who was sitting cosily with his phone and pressing his lips together.

There were scattered emotions dancing on his face. He hit the back of his head on the pillow and declared, “She is a perfect 10”.

The room was immediately filled with a serene calmness; a quietness that was followed by a storm of rough and tumble.

“You cheeky bastard”! Nam gave Junang a murderous look and pounced on him.

***

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊