Chapter 20: The proposal

Can a kiss be this awakening?

Before June could withdraw her dizzy mind from the kiss, Junang wrapped up his arms around her body and didn’t allow her move an inch.

June could hear the pounding throb against her ears as she was resting her head on his chest. She could stay like this forever having tucked into his cushy arms.

It wasn’t a product of her imagination! She wished to believe in his existence, ‘their’ existence.

“How long are you planning to stay in US”, Junang sighed heavily on her nape.

“I have no plans to move there on first place”. June spoke as low as possible, oblivious to Junang’s obvious concern.

“No? Then what are you up to?” Junang’s heart raced up.

“Do you want to know my future plans, J”? Coyness caressed her notes.

“YES!” he roared.

“I have already applied to ISRO and JAXA. Compared to the other organisations, JAXA was established most recently and offers great scopes to work liberally.” June answered softly.

“Japan, then!” Junang lifted her in his arms and did a full swing. “I’m going to spend a good vacation in Japan in recent years”. Junang’s voice whooped with excitement and relief!

--

“I have to head back to the hotel before they set off an alarm”, Junang said while still holding her tight in his arm.

“Who? Nam? Didn’t you tell them that you are here”? June muffled, cocooned in his arms.

“Not until I earn a ‘yes’ from you”. He sounded tenacious and demanding.

“Yes? About what”? June lifted her face up to look at him.

“To make you mine!” Junang cocked his head and rattled his arms.

“What!” June offered herself another chance to hold it steady.

“Be an undisputed queen and rule my kingdom”. Junang picked up a line of his own composition.

“What!” June exclaimed, dazed.

“Allow me to invade your fantasy and turn it real” Junang pressed his lips against hers into a quick one and tussled to move, “You drive me crazy, June. I need to make a move before I change my mind”.

June was standing motionless and perplexed, unable to understand if anything of it was real.

“Will you give us a chance”? Junang was standing an inch away with an expectant look on his face.

“uummmm…” June’s face became a droplet, hidden in the dark dense cloud. Optimistic and invigorating.

“I’d take this blissful smile a ‘Yes'” Junang pulled her by waist and planted a deep longing kiss on her lips enough to make her believe this was all real.

--

“Three things keep in your mega mind” Junang alarmed his voice as he stood by the door, “first, don’t, I repeat, don’t ever follow me on social media. Not everything we say or do is real. Don’t ever get a wrong idea and get yourself in a shell. You will have access to my whereabouts and network fully. And I want the same from you. Okay”?

“Okay” June nodded foolishly without apprehending the claims and concern.

“Second, no matter how greatly occupied you are, respond my call instantly or I will take the next available flight over here and kidnap you to my place. Okay”?

“Okay” June nodded like an obedient child.

“Third, stay away from that idiot, Kevin. I won’t let him steal which is mine. Okay”?

“I’m yours”? This time June laughed hysterically.

“You dare not! Don’t make me crash here, June” Junang begged.

Everything that happened in less than an hour was beyond June’s comprehension.

June was proposed by her three years crush.

Wrong!

June was proposed by the most handsome Asian man!
Incomplete! Let’s try again!

June was proposed by her crush, a world famous musician, heart throb of the nation, the most handsome Asian man!

An enormous energy tiptoed into her life, ransacked her soul completely and lifted her spirit so high that the world around her turned immediately into a fantasy land, a perfect place only for them.

The transmission from a ‘fan girl' to ‘his girl’ felt like a dream but not an easy one.

--

“Junang, is this because of the Moon I gave you? Do you feel burdened? I know Aditya has poured some details about the moon but don’t push it” June asked hesitantly while walking Junang out the main gate.

“No, because I gave you my heart three years back and I couldn’t  retrieve it”. Junang smiled widely.

“What? I don’t understand…” June clutched his sleeves.
Junang suspended his steps at the gate, hovered a bit and relished the way June clasped him. She was the missing puzzle of his life. He immediately felt a sense of belongingness.

Junang put his hand on hers and gasped, “When will I see you again? Next month?”

June followed a car honk and saw a black Mercedes sprinter waiting for him. She implored “Let me walk you to the car”.

“Next month, promise me?” Junang roared lovingly.

“How?” June turned into a fluffy ball of diffidence.

Junang took her in his arms and placed few pecks on both her cheeks. Unable to control, he demanded her lips one final time, “Let that be my concern”.

He rushed to the car and forced himself get inside and begged the driver, “dude, drive along. I’m going insane with every passing minute”.

He ducked out his head from the window and screamed, “Miss June, I’m insanely in love with you and I should have done this three years back”.

---

June stood there bewildered, unable to think and move. An eerie sense of anxiety hovered on her, making her brain dizzy and non functional.

Her lips were still wet by Junang’s passionate kiss; her inner thighs were still vapoured by his heated touch. Her erected goose bumps belled her how intensely their body was entwined to each other. The sultry moist feeling below her stomach gave her a splash of crimson on both her cheeks. Even her body smelt like him.

This wasn’t a fairy tale!

This wasn’t a Disney movie either!

And she definitely wasn’t Cinderella!

Then what was it exactly? She called it 'good fortune'!

Sweet tears blurred her vision when she looked up at the starry sky as she knew that the brightest one has just fallen off from above and had settled into her lap.

Her nervous system was still rumbling and dangling at dangerous level. Her simple life was disrupted by a storm and she was in no position to defy it.

But her mind had set off a cascade of complex emotions. While the primary part of her heart bloomed like a yard of cherry blossoms, the other part was aching for some answers.

‘What did he mean by three years back’, June’s mind was clouded with the puzzle Junang left her with.

--

Sitting inside the car, Junang blushed like a bride. No girl has ever done this to him. He flipped his collar and rested his hand on his chest as his heart was pounding too fast.

He couldn’t believe he finally proposed the girl he wanted to do on the rooftop the other night. He thanked his own guts and smiled broadly to pull it off successfully this time.

He closed his eyes and casted his mind back to the fresh memory of her; the way she clung to him like a baby and hid her head after their first kiss.

He smiled sneakily how his instincts misguided him to do more than stealing a kiss. He resisted an urge of laying on top of her when he saw the bed. He knew he wanted more. But he also knew he has to wait till she dotes him like her man and not as a celebrity.

--

Junang dialed Dae-min as soon as the car gathered speed, and stated, “Daemin, could you come at the gate and help her get back to the room? I don’t think she is in her self now.”

Dae-min grumbled, “What did you do to her this time”?

“I proposed” a squeal sprung up in his voice.

“You bastard” Dae-min screamed in excitement, “well-done”!

Junang rested his head in the seat, closed his eyes and sank himself into the most cherished memories of June, ‘Damn it I miss her already'…

*****

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊