Chapter 7: I'm just a Fan

**I’m just a fan**

(June’s POV)

(Three years back)

Hello, my name is June and I’m an average!

Sitting in a chair in Incheon international airport, South Korea, an urge to look around the place swayed my heart but wandering about in a foreign country crippled me.

As I was moving to another country for higher studies, my heart was heavy with thousands of fond memories of my hometown, my family and mates.Tears welled up in my eyes and I’m blinking fast.

I shut my eyes and listened closely to the sound of people’s footsteps, the feeble sound of their rush, the titter sound of their smile over known people.
--
My flight has been announced. I looked up to trace Adi, my brother.

Aditya is such an amazing person, can love a human tirelessly to the point where he almost forgets himself.
He had been there, yes, he had been in love; once! He was heart broken. I have witnessed his pain, his sleepless nights; he was knocked up for months.

Will I ever be in love with someone so madly? Will I also be heart broken by the same person? Will our worlds collide or mingle to become a harmonious composition.

--
“lets go. We have been announced. Terminal one.” Aditya brushed off my jacket and helped to pull me up. I grabbed my trolley and tightened my scarf. I have a inkling to look behind before I proceed to check. What can I leave behind? Nothing, absolutely nothing!

--
‘oouuchh, my feet’, someone hit my legs with a trolley. While we were moving towards terminal one, a pretty girl about my age, adjusting her loosened hair in one hand and the trolley in another stood behind me. She looked like a diva! Must be a model or something!

“im soo soo sorry…, this is my first international travel! Never have gone anywhere alone! First time, you see!”, the girl apologized.

Observing her overly, I shrugged “Its fine, really”, fixing my jacket I looked at her again. She looked like an Indian but her charismatic personality keeping me off from having a conversation with her.

Looking back at the world’s one of the busiest airport, I marched on. My running emotions were snapped again by another push. I almost tumbled down.

She apologized for her carelessness, “I’m really sorry.. this mf trolley is so fucking huge.”

Swore two times in one sentence! Now that’s my kind of girl.

Breaking the thin ice, she offered her gloved hand, “hii.. I’m Avantika!”

I liked the way she spoke. She is very beautiful, confined and attractive.

I accepted her hand, “Name is June and you are welcome, Avantika”.

She chuckled, “ohh thanks! I’m going to Brussels.”

I nodded, “We too”.

“We?”

“Oh this is my brother, Aditya”.

Aditya was occupied to guide me through the right way. He just waved his hand and gave her an uninterested smile which kind of put her off. So unpleasant, Adi!

Avantika downed her face on me, “I’m an engineering student, going to study in NIAS, Brussels.”

“Ohh really? We are going to be mates, then”?, I felt relieved to have met her before we land.

We continued our conversation while moving hurriedly into the plane.

We sat together. She confidently pleaded an old uncle to exchange her seat.

I would have won half of the world if I had even 10% of her confidence.

Minutes passed and our plane was gathering speed for take off.

And now all her confidence was wrapped up in a paper and went down the drain. She grabbed my hand, clutching it terribly and swearing continuously, ‘fuck fuck fuck….’

My brother leaned forward to witness this amusing sight and asked me, “what’s her name, again?”

There was a seed of interest in his eyes, I can tell!

--

The plane was flying over a pair of islands, separated by one land. Such a marvellous sight!

Avantika hovered on me as soon as the plane took off and now in stable position. She sat comfortably by me and handed over an earphone.

“I have mine, in my left pocket”, I gave her a thank you smile but she shoved one side of the earphone into my ear and adjusted it smoothly, “listen to this song.”

I made an apologetic face, “mm I don’t enjoy listening to music. Not my area, really”.

She returned me a weird look! Does people like me even exist!

People say, a person who doesn’t like music is more prone to become a potential murderer. Well, in my defence, I couldn’t even disintegrate a frog in my biology class.

Avantika didn’t like to let people get away easily. She imposed, “just hear him out, girl. This guy is Junang. Kpop singer. Has debuted early this year. Isn’t his voice enchanting?”

Next four minutes, I listened to the song without any interruptions. I admit, the singer’s voice has a healing power. I didn’t get the lyrics though but the mellow tune stung me instantly. This guy has poured all his intensity, sentiments in this song. He must have been through a lot; his struggles was reflecting on his voice. Too deep for a young kid. I could visualise his facial lines crooked and straightened when he composed this fine piece.

Okay, I admit. I’m irrevocably hooked. He just paved his way for me to connect him through his music. Whoever this guy is, I’m going to meet him one day!

I removed the plug and thanked her immensely for giving me my lullaby. She enjoyed how effortlessly she changed a lunatic into a music maniac.

She leaned over me and said, “hey… we will go to his concert one day…promise?”

“promise”, I swore.

Crossing over South Korea and carrying one of it’s treasure in heart, I closed my eyes and dived back to his music.

Little did I know, my fascination over this guy would  break me into shreds and every inch of it would be owned by him.

--

The madness over J has been doubled in past three years. Have never been so immerged to a voice before! The insanity has reached the level where I have searched him in every guy whoever I have come across.

My craze over Junang is personal. I don’t even care if he is a zenith level criminal. I really don’t have the resistance to this guy. He got his hooks so deep in me that living in a world only with his music is a luxury for me.

Junang is as gorgeous as an angel; his single lidded deep eyes, thick natural eye brows, clean shaven cheeks and full kissable lips are exactly what a woman projects in her man! His body is engineered with well toned tummy, broad shoulder with no extra muscle, no bulging veins which exactly I like; his curls enhanced beauty of his glamorous face. No high cheekbones or extra masculinity traits are there! He is just perfect.

--

Our DDE( department of Drones Engineering) department in NIAS, will be hosting an international event for the annual fest. While they were looking for bands for the event, the devilish idea of inviting ‘Square’ had sprung in my mind immediately. I wanted them. So did Avantika. We went through hell to convince the academy to invite them for the show and we eventually succeeded.

--

A week ago, we’re informed that we have to visit Pohang, South Korea to do an experiment and collect data’s personally. Visiting the place where my idol lives and breathes, gave me a grin!

I wanted to see him close, meet his angelic eyes and listened to his euphoric voice.

After all, what more a fan can expect?

I was crowned with the news that The ‘Square’ has a live performance in Pohang during our stay. And Dae-Min had VIP passes. Any fan with this news would die peacefully, surviving is an additional!

Meeting Junang in person, standing before or beside him, having a small conversation, plead him to take a photo together; a fan could not hope for more!

But I wanted a little more than that. I wanted to convey him how dramatically he has changed my life; how his healing voice helped me survive through hours of failure; how he accompanied me to my restless nights. I just wanted to thank him, holding his hands, bowing my head, I just wanted to show him my gratitude for everything.

For him I’m just a nameless fan among the millions but for me, he is the Earth of the entire fucking universe.

(To be continued…)

***

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊