Chapter 3: So, What Happened Last Night

June woke up by the knock on the door.

“Wake up, you sleepy head.. we are waiting outside” a warning voice of Avantika invaded June from her sleep and forced her to stand on feet.

“what..” June yawned, twisted her arms, “wait…Avani, cant find my bra” while looking at everywhere.

“we are running out of time and patience” Avantika spoke in a rebuke detectable tone.

June, while running her slander fingers through her messy hair, came to the door and asked “where are you going…?... lunch reservation? …its so cold…”

Avantika banged the unlocked door open and bawled at June who was still half asleep, “are you nuts?? We are going to miss the fan meet, you buffon!!”

June jerked out of slumber, "ohh fuck"…

She ran to the bathroom door straight away for a quick shower and took a swear of getting ready in a record time.

Avantika was browsing through the outfits when Dean came looking for June, “where can I find Boss?”

Avantika guided her index finger in the bathroom direction and gave him a faint smile. Dean looked occupied in serious thoughts. He quickly made a turn and left the room.

Few minutes passed, June came out hurriedly wearing a black jeans and green tank top. Avantika rummaged her plan of wearing a hoodie. Standing by crossed legs, she pointed at the table where she had already selected one white creamy jacket and red scarf for her.

June looked at Avantika for another pair of clothes because it would barely prevent cold invading her jacket.

But quickly enough, June came to realise defying Avantika when she is resolute, is the worst idea.

She put on the jacket in a jiffy and wrapped her neck with the scarf and announced, “I’m good to go”.

Avantika didn’t tilt her body even a bit. She left a sigh instead, “when was the last time you had brushed your hair?”

June’s brows furrowed and joined together. Her eyes travelled the whole room while she bit her lips. This is how she reacts when she tries to remember something.

“I don’t exactly remember, may be in May. No, early in March when I had my hair cut, I remember”, June stated casually.

Avantika gave her a hopeless look, “… this is November…”, shook her head in revulsion. She knew June won’t trouble for doing her hair in next couple of months. She was blessed with the most obedient hair, which never tangles.

Therefore, without lingering in the subject, she gave her a cupcake and fixed her jacket before they left the room.

--

While running down the hostel hallway where they were staying in.

June asked, “how’s the sleep?”

Avantika lifted her hand to gave her a smack at her bum, “you say, lady, how the hell did you get a good night sleep after watching your dream man so close…”

June sighed, “I didn’t”.

Looking at the rest of the team at the end of the hallway, she waved her hands and added, “Why do you think I woke up so late”..

Bridget chirped as soon as she saw June arrived late, “F you too, girl. So so late!!!”

She never misses a chance to smear June, irrespective of how pleasant June had always been to her.

Her jealousy was not hidden. She had always been an undefeated gorgeous warrior before June snatched her position by her guileless beauty accompanied with indomitable brain. Her standard diminished, so did her attitude towards June.

Avantika, on the other side had always stood as a shield for June, barely let anyone had their way to her. For now, she shut Bridget by stuffing a small portion of cupcake into her mouth and rumbled, “Eat more. Talk less”.

Dean came running to June, grabbed her hand and gasped. He was out of breath. June held his arms and rubbed his shoulder in an elderly manner and ordered “relax… take a breath… in and out…take in…and out..”

Dean looked at her with pleading eyes. June is like a magnetic field for Dean, whatever she says, he does; wherever she goes, he follows.

June asked while walking through the corridor, “what is it?”

Dean shoot without taking a break, “There was this Korean chick, I met at the end in the concert yesterday. She called and asked me to meet at a place nearby..” showing the address on his phone, “here”.

His face was bathing in eagerness, “should I meet?” and looked at her for validation.

Dae-Min came into their conversation, “you would commit a crime if you didn’t” and nudged June lightly to put a dime on his remark.

June was knotting the missing puzzle, “you guys hooked up yesterday?”

There was a sound of pleasurable taunt in her voice. She sometimes behaves foolishly with them, unable to detect the obvious and remains unavailable most of the time. But when it comes to her friends, her feelings are always genuine.

Dae-Min held up his arms in defence and tossed her a ‘not me’ look!

Sean spoke out, breaking the chain of the trio, “Dean scored some action, I believe, eh boy?” and laughed hilariously, patting his shoulder.

Dae-Min too shared the chortle nobly, “Our kid is growing fast, aye June?”

June smacked Dean dearly, “Indeed, my kid just paved a smooth way for his seniors” and nudged back Dae-Min. Avantika laughed at her execrable pun.

--

They all ascended the public bus and took vacant seats in the last row. They enquired each other last night’s whereabouts after they parted their ways.

Bridget volunteered, “well well, I came back with Sean and…”

Avantika’s eyes exploded. She bolded her voice, “noooooo you didn’t…no way…”

Sean tittered, “yaaa I removed her clothes…”

Avantika shoot thousands of arrows through her eyes, “I don’t need to hear any more”, and protected her ears from hearing their immoral act!

Sean sat comfortably, crossed his legs and gave a long uninterrupted tirade, “She was covered in vomits. So, I took her to room. I removed her clothes, washed her face and helped her to get on bed… oh damn it was such a repelling sight, I tell you … I mean why do you girls pretend to have a high alcohol tolerance when your limits are so less… oh and I had to spend about an hour with the security to make him believe she’s not an escort”.

Sean breathed in and continued, “oh man! The way he looked at me, burned a hole in my soul as in I have committed a sin or something and I should have been chopped into pieces and my head to be fed to jackals… I’m sure I was cursed…!!!”

Avantika cracked up uncontrollably. People in the bus was staring at her in confusion. The pre-shock in their eyes tickled Avantika somehow and she burst out hysterically.

Bridget tried to look away, ignoring the satire in Sean’s tone.

Dae-Min patted Sean’s shoulder, almost choked on his own laugh and stated, “that’s a real progress, dude.. Momma can’t be more proud”.

Avantika paused for a bit and said, “Sean, you are one heck of a kind.”

Sean flung back, “you guys are laughing? I wasn’t even given my room keys. I had spent my night at security room.”

Avantika almost fell down from her seat. She was laughing so hard that tears rolled down her cheeks.

--

While they were joking and making fun among themselves, June was dwelling in a separate universe, didn’t pay attention or join the ‘lets die in laugh’ event.

She was completely lost in her own thoughts. She tried to bring together all the missing pieces and fractions and aimed to assemble the most insane night she ever had.

She remembered on way back from the ground after the show was over, they had entered in a crowded restaurant. A room of Korean girls who were talking about the Square band, how incredibly they had performed, how mercilessly handsome they all looked, describing their best features.

Few of them were sharing some secrets about the boys such as Max was rumoured with his make-up artist while Bsong and Nam were seen flirting with few female celebs.

June’s ears were aching for Junang’s name to pop up but to her dismay, there wasn’t any interesting facts about him had been shared.

In fact, he is the most private and restraint person among the crew. He had never been rumoured; neither have been in relationships nor had been publically seen with any.

One of the girls in the restaurant had postured how Junang looked completely worn out after the performance and was clearly distracted.

He was seen sitting inside the vanity van alone, burying his head down between his knees. He had never been a camera conscious guy; neither had drawn himself back from his fan’s supplications.

But last night he was so worn out that he didn’t appear even once. As soon as the show was over, he went straight to the van and locked himself inside.

The news uncannily pushed her curiosity. She was tickled at her intensity. It was about the moment when Junang had exchanged glances with her for a couple of seconds.

Had June somehow offended him by not being a Korean? Or had any of her gestures irked him? There was no trace of leer or evil flattering in her eyes. So why Junang seemed so awfully pissed at her in the end?

The whole adventurous night halted at that point when Junang came into her sight the second time to take a selfie from stage but had abruptly refrained himself.

June could firmly notice disappointment in his eyes. She couldn’t collect the reason though! Whatever it was, she was hoping to get the chance of clearing the cloud. Truth to be told, Junang's single glance will do the magic.

*****

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊