Chapter 9: Would you date your idol

“What are you up to, Junang”? Sighed Avantika, looking dismayed.

“What do you mean”?, Dae-min looked uncannily flustered.

Avantika was curious about the ‘Square’s dating background. She had her research done but was very disappointed when she couldn’t get a hold of  Junang's dating history.

She furrowed her brows and grown in desperation, “See, Max had dated ‘See you tonight’ actress for two years, and that beauty pageant runner-up before that. Nam had been in relationship with his high school sweetheart, after their break up he wasn’t rumoured with anyone. Bsong was rumoured with his make-up artist. But I wonder what’s J been up to! He has neither been involved or rumoured. The most handsome Asian Man back to back two successive years! Girls would fall to his feet to get his one glance! How come he hasn’t picked any!”

June spattered her drink on the table and coughed, “picked?? What are we? Pokémon”?

Dae-min looked amused, “Wow, you dug out these details”?

June cleaned table with a tissue and rested her hand on Avantika’s thigh, “may be he wants to keep his private life private, you see… keeping his partner hidden from the world so that brats like you don’t invade his privacy” and slapped her thighs for her amusement.

Avantika, “look at you!!! So in love with your Lord!!”

June tilted her head, “ do I detect a taunt in your voice, my lady?”

Avantika fixed her hair and claimed, “are you not being defensive?”

June raised her brow, firmed her chin and replied her artistically, “a fan always is! A fan never lets anyone smear her idol by any means!”

Avantika shoot back, “doesn’t that bug you at all?”

June’s face ratted out.

Bridget looked confused, “bug what?”

Avantika questioned June intrusively, “lets say hypothetically… would you rather enjoy being just a fan? Wouldn’t you try… you know.. seduce your bias if you had the opportunity..”

Bridget laughed hysterically, “seduce? Why not?...”

June sighed outwardly, “No, I wouldn’t dare. It won’t do any justice to him. There will always be someone who could love him more than I can. And I’m least interested earning myself a competition”!!

Bridget and Avantika both silenced their laugh.

Sensing her seriousness may have dropped an atom bomb or something, June clutched Dae-Min’s arm and announced, “I would rather date Dae-Min instead”.

Dae-min who discreetly was capturing the whole scenario of their argument in his phone, suddenly choked and dropped his phone on his feet.

He looked frightened by June's remark. He knew even if this was a joke, someone who he had just sent a video, wouldn’t think twice before slaughtering him in daylights!

Jokes are June’s defence mechanism! She always gets away with her jokes when nothing else works for her.

The topic ended on a laughing note. No one but Dean noticed how effortlessly June put her heart on her sleeves and withdrew before anyone had noticed it!

***

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊