Chapter 8: Back to business

Due to the temperate oceanic climate, in Brussels, the winter in early November is quite soothing and mild. The average temperature is around 5degree and 11 degree annually. Considering the kind of climate June adores, Brussels has lived up to her expectations from the beginning.

A long journey of approximately 17hrs from Incheon to Brussels has been too difficult for the whole team. They were exhausted, delusional and badly jet-lagged.

Aditya, June’s brother was waiting outside the airport for the team. There was another guy named Kevin, a delegate from NASA, was also waiting for them.

Kevin is an engineer in NASA’s ‘Ed Research Center’, following his father’s footstep who happens to be the director. Very soon Kevin will become a big name for unmanned aircraft industry.

Today his arrival in Brussels airport was not for the work purpose only; he happens to be in love with June for the past two years, the only potential threat for anyone who dotes June.

“How long will it take”? Kevin being impatient while waiting for the love of his life and had been nagging Aditya from the time they arrived.

“Why don’t you go for a walk, meanwhile?” Aditya spoke politely. Kevin’s affection towards June was no secret to anyone.
Aditya has seen respect and admiration in Kevin’s eyes that dwells only for June. But unfortunately, June on the other hand has always been intentionally ignorant of Kevin’s feelings. June won’t admit but it was her fairy likings towards Junang that had always held her back from getting into a relationship.

“You know, I can’t. Haven’t seen her over a month. I miss her”. Kevin dropped his head and bit his lips while displaying his yearning before Aditya.

“She doesn’t see you that way, you know! Don’t you”? Aditya tapped his shoulder twice. It’s a code between friends who understand and sympathise with each other.

“What about you? Any progress with Miss Avantika? Kevin threw his pitch black eyes on Aditya and waited for his response.

“I don’t know… sometimes I feel I don’t understand her at all. She makes me feel way out of her league.” Sighed Aditya.

“That’s terrible!” there was genuine empathy in Kevin’s voice, anyone can tell!

--

Aditya waved his hand towards June and the squad who seemed to have battled against resting and sleeping for a very long time.

They all looked completely drained, holding a faint smile on face except June. She looked awfully quiet and nettled.

The cold damp climate of Brussels gave June a chill through the ridge of her body. Her eyes were dead and so was her smile.

She shook hands with Kevin while maintaining a faint smile on face and dragged her exhausted body inside the car.

Avantika ran to Kevin and gave him a friendly hug and asked “long time Kev!! How are you”?

She never misses a chance to tease Kevin, “came here for work? Or..” looking at June, she poked Kevin, “to see someone, eh?” and flew a quick smile to Aditya before ducking inside the car.

Kevin blushed, “For work. June and Dae-min might have to travel again this week” and tossed a ‘hey’ look at Dae-min. The best thing about Kevin is he doesn’t hover!

Dae-min raised an irksome noise, “To US? Are you nuts? I’m going to be idle this weekend.”

Resting his back comfortably in car seat, he checked his phone and smiled broadly. Then he lifted the camera up and adjusted an angle at June.