Chapter 10: Dae-min and his mysterious guy

**Dae-min and his mysterious guy**

“So when are they coming?” Kevin enquired about the arrival of the band ‘Square’.

Sitting in a chair in the DDE lab, he swung a possibility of starting a conversation with June who already had got up from her seat and grabbed her bag.

“Today by evening!”, Dae-min replied from his chair.

“Okay, Kevin. Let me know the results. We will make a move now. See you tomorrow.”, June opted out.

“Wait, June! Are you available in this evening?”, Kevin implored.

“Sure, dinner is on me. Bye Kev”, June batted a comforting smile at Kevin.

Dae-min made an effort to pull himself off the chair. Suddenly his phone lit up.

June’s eyes fell on his phone screen while strolling past Dae-min. The caller ID displayed a Korean name.

“So you did meet someone in Korea, eh?”, June poked Dae-min and retorted.

Dae-min received the call and spoke in Korean.

June, incapable of crushing the idea of Dae-Min’s having a courtship, she kept chirping behind Dae-min, “What’s her name, Mr. Park?” and squealed.

Dae-min excused himself over the phone and gestured her to lead the way out.

June found it way too funny not to take an advantage of the situation.

She did a spin and tickled him like a kid and spoke loudly, “Hey.. girl.. whatever your name is… I’m Dae-Min’s colleague. Pleasure meeting you. He is an amazing person. Treasure him… oh and my name is June”.

Dae-min gave her a stern look, “It’s a boy!”.

June gulped down her words and looked at him apologetically, “ohkay I’m sorry”.

While raising and arching her brows suspiciously at Dae-Min, she furnished, “You guys have my blessings! Chughahabnida.. and my heartiest apology, I didn’t know you are….umm.. never mind!”

She reached her table, grabbed her jacket and strolled past him with an apologetic face and hinted she would be waiting outside.

Dae-min tagged himself along with her, “it’s ok… he is not my boyfriend. Work pal. And you can talk. I can double work!”

June bumped her head in Dae-Min’s back “Asshole! I felt horrible. I knew you are straight.”

“burger?”

“what”?

“I’m starving”.

“noodles”.

“Burger”!

“Noodles. End of discussion”!

Dae-min tempted to put up an argument with her over her choice of food but paused and listened to the person on the phone attentively and advised June, “then you should date a Korean”.

June rolled her eyes and mumbled lowly, “can’t hold chopsticks properly, lucrative idea though”.

Dae-min, “what does it have to do with chopsticks?”

June, “what impression would it make if I sat with a Korean guy and asked for a fork instead? Courtesy must be maintained…”

Dae-min, “I could never have imagined a relationship went downhill because of a fucking chopstick!” and laughed amusingly.

There was a clear chuckle sound she could hear through the phone. She shook her head and blushed considering what the person must be thinking of their moot conversation over a chopstick!

She snatched the phone from Dae-Min and volunteered, “In India, we use hands and that is way more difficult than holding a fucking chopstick, Mr. ‘Whoever you are'.” and returned the phone to him.

“Yeah she is an Indian” Dae-Min confirmed the person over the phone and smiled.

“I’m getting us a seat”, June told him while entering the campus cafeteria and went straight to the liquor section.
--
June took a small mouthful of beer delicately and forwarded a can of Dutch gin to Dae-Min. He sipped the drink and cleared his throat, “are you coming with me to receive The Square in the airport today?”

The idea of receiving her dream man in the airport gave her a splash of blush but then she gently recalled how Junang was annoyed at her in the fan meet event.

She gingerly looked at Dae-Min and conveyed, “might not be a good idea”.

Dae-min was hoping a whopping yes from her but got merely shocked instead.

He leaned forward her side and asked, “what happened?” then gave her a gentle push and made fun of her, “you won’t be able to control yourself and run to him to give him a tight hug this time”? An uncontrollable laugh made him spill beer from his mouth.

June’s expression remained unchanged. She handed him a tissue and rest her back. She was stuck in a dilemma whether to disclose the incident to him or would it be better to bury it before it spread out among others. She must not cause a nuisance to Junang. She fears of causing damages to his reputation.

Her constant bite on lips made her look like she has committed a crime or   had attempted. Dae-Min has never seen her pondering over a matter outside work. As a friend, he is close enough to be a part of her private life. As for now, he wanted a sincere involvement.

He stroke her open palms and asked, “you know I’m always here to share your problems. Don’t you? I can see something has been bothering you since the time we left Pohang. What’s wrong?”

“Please keep this between us okay”, June hesitatingly split it.

“Assured”.

June narrated the whole thing to Dae-min. His face had turned stiff and black by the time she rested her throat.
June added, “I think its not a good idea for me to go to the airport. I honestly believe I would be the last person he ever wanted to see.”

Dae-Min’s eyebrows pulled down flat and advanced over the bridge of his nose. His eyes had turned red in anger. While shaking his head in disbelief, he was visualising the scene where they all had surrounded Junang that day and no one noticed June was left out alone. He felt guilty for some reason.

”Don’t let this screw your head, June. He is just a celebrity not a god damn president”. Dae-Min didn’t appreciate the unprofessional act made by Junang.

Suddenly the mysterious guy’s name popped up on his phone screen. He looked more ferocious while gazing at the caller ID. He grabbed the phone immediately and scuttled off to a distant window.

‘Who the hell are you talking to?", June spoke to herself being highly curious about Dae-Min’s mysterious guy. She left her seat and tiptoed towards Dae-min cautiously to raise the curtain.

***
** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct me when I do.**

Please like, share and comment. Every single word that you say, is a boon of blessing to me. Please help me to thrive on my writing.

Thank you 😊